Seven

Summer and Lucas sit by Juniper's bedside that night. Madam Pomfrey assured them that she would be fine and she could fix up her broken arm but that didn't make the two leave. "Those stupid Slytherins" Summer mutters holding Juniper's non broken arm. "We should have seen it coming though" Lucas sighs.

"Alright you two. Off to bed. You shouldn't be up this late. You'll be able to see her in the morning" Madam Pomfrey tells the two Ravenclaws. They both look at each other and sigh but comply anyways. Lucas places a kiss on his sister's forehead before him and Summer leave the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey looks between the three Gryffindor students before shutting the lights off and giving them some peace and quiet.

Juniper's eyes slowly open and she rubs the blurriness out of them. She slowly sits up but hisses in pain when she leans on her right arm. She looks down to see her arm in a cast and groans, remembering everything after she had hit her head. Before was just a blur. She looks around to see Wood and Alicia sound asleep in other hospital beds as well.

She swings her feet over and they touch the cold stone floor. She looks around the hospital room in wonder, this being her first time in it. Of course this happened to her. She wanted to make the most of her time before Christmas break but instead ends up with a broken arm. And of course, Christmas break was getting closer. She was just anticipating the pain she was gonna be in. She drops back in to her bed and sighs. She could never have anything she wanted.

*****

    Christmas break had come quicker than Juniper thought. She couldn't sleep the night before. Actually she couldn't sleep the week before. Which explains the bags under her eyes. She sits on the floor, slowly packing up her trunk in her dormitory as Jasper lays on her bed. She looks up at Jasper who meows at her and sighs. "If it's so easy, why don't you come over here and do it" She complains to the cat. He rolls onto his stomach and she rolls her eyes. "That's what I thought" She mumbles, putting her robes in the trunk.

She shuts it and locks it as the door opens, causing her to turn around. Hermione walks in, having forgotten something and Juniper turns back to her trunk. Jasper meows at Juniper again. "Come on, Jasper. We haven't got time for you to be playing around like this. We have a very eventful Christmas break to get to at the Rosewood Manor" She tells the cat, picking him up as Hermione watches curiously. Juniper walks towards the door and Hermione shrugs her off, putting the thing she had forgotten in her trunk. Juniper opens the door and glances at her. "Happy Christmas" She tells Hermione quickly before leaving the room and shutting the door.

Hermione stares at the door, surprised someone so mean to her could say something nice like that. But it was probably just because of the holidays coming up. So, she shrugs it off and packs up her trunk before heading down to the Great Hall where her friends Ron and Harry were playing Wizards chess. Juniper walks into the library where her friends were waiting for her. She walks over to their table and takes a seat. "What took you so long?" Draco asks the girl. "I didn't really want to pack." She shrugs. "I'll help you through it, June. If it means me getting hurt too, I don't care. I'd hate to see you hurt over some stupid house sorting" Lucas assures her.

"Thanks Lucas" She smiles sadly at him. He nods and Summer sighs. "The train should be leaving soon. We should start getting on." Summer tells them and they nod. They make their way to the Hogwarts Express and get on, finding an empty compartment. Juniper puts her trunk up and sets Jasper on her lap as she taps her foot anxiously. She was so not ready for this. Summer sits beside her as Lucas and Draco sit on the other side. The train starts moving, making Juniper tap her foot more.

"I've got an idea that will cheer us up. It cheered us up on the way here. Let's make up some funny names for Draco and Lucas" Summer suggests. They all look at each other and shrug with a nod. "Okay, we'll start with Draco first. Hmmm...." Summer trails off, trying to think of a name. "How about Lou Natic. Because Draco's a pretty big Lunatic" Juniper suggests. Draco was too shocked to glare. Actually everyone was shocked. "Juniper? Is that you?" Lucas asks. "Oh, shut up" She grumbles as they all chuckle. "Looks like we're starting to rub off on you more" Summer laughs. "Okay, well what's mine?" Lucas asks. "Major Lee Gay" Summer smirks and Draco and Juniper laugh. "Hey, wait a second! I'm not gay! That's Juniper" He exclaims.

"Yeah, but the name is funny" Summer says. "Lucas, you don't have to shout out my sexuality to the whole train." Juniper scoffs and he shrugs. "Maybe we should call Juniper, Liz Beein instead" Draco laughs and Juniper sighs. The compartment door slides open, causing the laughter to die down. They see Hermione stood there and she shakes her head. "Sorry, I didn't think anyone would be in here" She says. She goes to close the door before looking at Juniper. "Happy Christmas, Juniper" She adds before shutting it and walking out. The other three look at Juniper as she raises an eyebrow. "You talk to that Mudblood?" Draco asks in disbelief.

"Hey, watch it! You know how I feel about those words." She snaps and Draco puts his hands up. "I was just trying to be nice. I mean she did overhear us talking about how she's annoying and stayed crying in the bathroom all afternoon during the Halloween feast. I didn't want her to think I was mean. So, before I left I told her Happy Christmas" Juniper explains. The other three shrug before it gets silent. Does that mean Hermione was warming up to her? The thought quickly disappears though as she realizes, why should it matter? She doesn't need her as a friend. She has two incredible friends and a brother with her every step of the way.