Sixty-Seven

The three Gryffindors and Hippogriff sit at the edge of the forest as they wait, Hermione and Harry talking with each other while Juniper sat with Buckbeak, having a conversation of her own. Not that Buckbeak could talk, but he still looked like he was listening as he cocked his head at her. "I don't know, Buckbeak. Sitting out here, with you. I'm glad you're alive. And we'll get you out of here safe and sound...what do you think of Draco?" She asks curiously.

Buckbeak starts digging his beak into the ground, as if he was looking for a worm and she sighs, leaning against him. "Good idea. Don't even worry yourself with him" Juniper scoffs, shaking her head. "He was an arse for what he did to you. He didn't seem to feel guilty at all either...but...maybe..." Juniper shakes her head. "One of the things Draco and I have in common which made us good friends to begin with was the fact that all we wanted was to prove to our parents we were just as good as them..." Juniper frowns at the thought.

"Draco may say some stupid things and he may do stupid things but I think the main reason he does it is because he wants his father's approval. Which is why he was so ready for you to be executed...and I know the feeling. Everyday, when I'm living at home, all I want is for my parents to finally acknowledge me as their daughter, you know? Treat me like they do Lucas. Instead, they treat me like a house elf. Get me to do all of their dirty work, get me to live out their dreams and its so tiresome. It's so painful. They don't love me, Buckbeak. Not like they used to...so just maybe, maybe...I should try and put myself in Draco's shoes...and we can repair our friendship" Juniper explains to the hippogriff as she stares out into the distance.

She wasn't crying. Usually when she thought like this...she'd always at least drop a tear or two. Not this time though. All she felt was...numb. She finally came to terms with how bad her parents treated her and there was nothing she could do. The more she cried about it, the worse it'd be. They want a reaction out of her but they weren't gonna get one. Not anymore. And if Summer was there, she'd start to feel sad herself, as she would've noticed, that light in Juniper's eyes had grown even dimmer.

Juniper sat there, staring off into the distance as she thought about Draco and her parents and Remus and Bellatrix, Harry and Hermione having gone silent as well as they were most likely sucked into their own thoughts. After over an hour of silence, Hermione gasps suddenly, getting the others attention. "Here we come!" They all stood, Buckbeak raising his head curiously as they watch Remus, Ron and Peter all climb out, followed by Snape, then Summer, Harry, Hermione, Juniper and Sirius.

They watch as the group starts to walk up the path to the castle, Harry and now Juniper looking on edge. "Guys, we've got to stay put. We mustn't be seen. There's nothing we can do" Hermione warns them, looking between them. Juniper frowns. "But, Remus..." She trails off, glancing at the sky. Hermione places a hand on her arm, sending her a look and she sighs, backing down. "So we're just going to let Pettigrew escape all over again..." Harry says.

"How do you expect to find a rat in the dark? There's nothing we can do! We came back to help Sirius. We're not supposed to be doing anything else!" Hermione snaps and Harry sighs in defeat. "All right!" They hear the shout of Past Juniper and look back out as they watch her dig through her pockets, looking for something. "There goes Lupin. He's transforming" Hermione points out as they watch Sirius trying to calm him down.

"Run! Run!" Sirius tries before getting knocked to the side by werewolf Remus. They hear the scream of Hermione as Snape is attacked and all of them are knocked to the ground, Sirius attacking Remus. "Let's go" Harry runs around, Hermione and Juniper following right behind so they can get a better view as they watch Past Harry and Juniper running after their fighting Godfathers.

They pause as they watch Harry throw a rock at Remus who turns to look at Harry, Juniper and Summer. Before he can attack, Past Juniper and Summer slowly move around, Juniper holding up her hand towards Remus. Then, Juniper and Summer take off, Remus following right after them. "Come on" Hermione says, all of them running through the woods again to follow after them.