Thirteen

After the events from the other night, news was spread around about Harry. He was put in the hospital wing because he had apparently faced He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. But the year was ending. And it was time to pick a winner for the house cup. As the students walked into the Great Hall, they saw it was decorated in Slytherin decorations.

Draco had rubbed it in his friends faces about winning the house cup which made them just roll their eyes at him. Juniper sat in between the Weasley twins who had finally started talking to her again. They had even apologized for ignoring her, telling her they lost points all the time. Hermione and Harry sat across from them as Ron sat next to George. They were all three telling jokes to each other and cracking up as Percy just rolled his eyes at their childish behavior.

They hear a glass clink meaning a teacher was about to say something. Everyone stops talking and turns their attention to Dumbledore. Dumbledore stands up with a smile. "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points." He starts off and the Gryffindors clap as Harry, Hermione, Juniper and Neville all frown.

"Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points." He says and everyone claps again. "In second place...Ravenclaw with 426 points." He says and everyone claps once again as the Ravenclaws cheer. The Gryffindors all look down in defeat. "And in first place...with 472 points, Slytherin house." He announces and the Slytherins cheer. Especially Draco and his goons. Hermione sadly looks down at the table with her face rested on her palm. Ron looks over at Draco with a frown, and Harry slow claps. Juniper just sighs.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect...when others were in grave peril...50 points." He says and the Gryffindors cheer as Hermione smiles with glee. "Good job" Harry smiles, patting her shoulder. Juniper can't help but smile at Hermione's happy face.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess...that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points." Dumbledore says and the Gryffindors cheer again while Ron looks around in shock. "And third...to Mr. Harry Potter...for pure nerve and outstanding courage...I award Gryffindor house 60 points." He says, smiling at Harry. The Gryffindors cheer very loudly and Harry smiles widely.

"We're tied with Slytherin!" Hermione exclaims as their faces light up. "Also, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies...but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points...to Neville Longbottom." He says and everyone cheers as Neville looks at him in shock. People pat him on the back and cheer while he smiles. "And finally, to Miss Juniper Rosewood, who went out of her way to make sure her friends were okay, 20 points." He says and people cheer and the Weasley twins pat her on the back as she smiles.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct...I believe that a change of decoration is in order." He says before clapping his hands and holding them towards the banners. It changes into Gryffindor banners and the Gryffindors beam in delight, finally beating the Slytherins. "Gryffindor wins the house cup." Dumbledore announces and all the Gryffindors stand and cheer in delight. Everyone throws their hats up in the air except for the Slytherins. Everyone starts patting the five on the back while Juniper turns to Draco who throws his hat down in anger. He glares at her as she smirks. Now who was the winner of the house cup?

*****

    "Come on, now. Hurry up. Yeh'll be late" Hagrid rushes everyone on to the train. Juniper, Summer and Lucas start walking towards the train. "Train's leaving. Go on. Come on, hurry up." He yells as Juniper stops in front of him with a smile causing the other two to stop. "Hello, Hagrid." She greets. "Hello, Juniper. Yeh better get on that train. Don't want ter miss it" He tells her.

"I know, but I just wanted to tell you goodbye. You are one of my favorites after all" Juniper smiles. "Awww. Yer gonna make me cry" He blubbers, pulling her into a hug. Jasper meows from being squished as she hugs him back before he lets go. "Al'igh' get on the train." He rushes her off and she starts walking away, waving goodbye to him.

The three get on the train and find an empty compartment. They all take their seats, Juniper and Summer beside each other with Jasper in between them and Lucas across from them. "So June, you never told us what exactly happened that night." Lucas brings up. "What night?" She questions curiously. "The night that earned you all those points" He says. "Nothing much" She shrugs as the train starts moving.

"We want to know. And give us all the details" Summer demands. "Alright, calm down. I'll tell you. I was doing some late night homework and Neville had come down. He was telling me how Harry, Ron and Hermione were planning on sneaking out and was asking if they had come down yet. Then we heard footsteps so he sat in a chair out of their view while I pretended to be asleep. I heard them asking each other if I was awake when Trevor, Neville's toad had croaked which gave Neville away."

"He was telling them how he wasn't gonna let them lose any more points and if they tried to leave he would fight them. Let's be honest though, he would lose in a fight any day. I had finally decided to let them know I was awake and was telling them how we would let them go, only if they told us what they were doing" She pauses as the two listen closely.

"That was a bad idea though, because Hermione tried to petrify me and got Neville instead so I just let them go. And then I spent about an hour trying to get a petrified Neville all the way to the hospital wing. I was almost about to pass out when I got there, that's how tiring it was. Then she told me she would take care of it so I started making my way back to the common room when I ran into Hermione. I saw an unconscious Ron and she was saying how she had to find Dumbledore so I just decided to take him to the hospital wing. Much lighter than Neville, by the way" Juniper explains.

"That's so nice of you" Summer tells her and Juniper shrugs. Draco walks in with a frown on his face with Crabbe and Goyle right behind him. "Draco! Just the person we were looking for! How did defeat taste?" Juniper smirks triumphantly at him. Draco glares at the girl as Summer and Lucas chuckle. "What was it you were saying before we entered the Great Hall? 'Ha! Slytherin won! In your faces!'?" Summer asks him. "Well, your house didn't win" Crabbe chimes in.

"But mine did" Juniper smiles. "We'll get you next year, Rosewood. Just you wait" Draco warns her before the three walk out. "Why are you two always competing with each other?" Lucas wonders. "Because it's fun. You should try it" Juniper tells him and he rolls his eyes at her. Juniper could not wait for next year. She just had to get through the summer break first.

And that's the end of the Sorcerer's Stone! What did you guys think so far? Which friendship is your favorite? I would have to say mine is Juniper's and Draco's friendship. Always competing with one another but still caring for each other. But now it's on to The Chamber of Secrets. Can't wait!