Eight

There were two words that would describe Juniper and Lucas' Christmas break. A nightmare. Lucas would constantly be locked in his room listening to his sister's screams of pain echo around the house. They didn't even get to see each other. And Christmas day, they both got a beating. On Christmas. That was their present. Their parents wouldn't even let them see Draco or Summer.

So that's why, when the two got back onto the train to go back to Hogwarts, Summer immediately wrapped Juniper in a hug. She brought her into a compartment where Draco was waiting and Lucas followed close behind. Summer already noticed Juniper was wearing make up to cover her bruises. That's right. A 12 year old having to wear make up. Her mother put it on her and taught her how to do it.

"There you are. I've been worried sick about you guys" Draco exclaims as Lucas sits beside Draco and Summer and Juniper sit across from them. "Sorry. Our parents wouldn't let us see you." Lucas tells him. "What happened. Tell us everything" Summer demands the two, causing the twins to look at each other. The whole train ride there was spent explaining to Summer and Draco what their parents did to them. It was mortifying to tell and to listen to. They couldn't believe the Rosewoods could be so cruel to their 12 year old kids.

They got off the train and headed into the castle along with everyone else. They could hear all the chatter between their peers of what they got for Christmas. Summer didn't get anything for Christmas except a book. And Draco, well he did get things but he didn't want to share with his friends, thinking it would upset them more.

They went their separate ways to unpack their stuff in their dorms. Juniper tells the lady in the painting the password and then climbs in. She walks up and to the right to the girls dormitories. She walks in her dorm room to see the Patil twins and Lavender Brown in there, unpacking. She was fine with the twins and Lavender. They talked some and she thought they were nice. "Hi Juniper" They all greet and she nods at them with a smile. She puts Jasper on the bed before setting her trunk down.

"What did you get from Christmas?" One of the twins ask. 'A beating' Juniper thought to herself. "Nothing" Juniper shrugs with a sigh. "Oh. We're sorry" The other one says but she shrugs. "It's okay. I should've expected it" Juniper admits. "So, how about you guys? Get anything cool?" She asks them with a friendly smile. "They got us a pet" The two twins smile, holding up their owl. "Oh, that's cool. What's it's name?" She asks. "We don't know yet" One tells her. "Oh." Juniper nods. "Do you have an owl?" The other one asks. "My brother does. So does my best friend" She tells them. "What are the names?" They ask.

"Well my brother's is Stormy and my best friend's is Cinnamon" She explains. They both nod, wondering if they should steal one of those or not. The door opens and Hermione Granger walks in with her trunk and a smile on her face. Juniper watches the girl as Hermione puts down her trunk. "I should get going. My friend's are probably waiting for me" Juniper tells the twins and Lavender. They nod and she pets Jasper before walking out.

*****

    Juniper sits in the great hall, talking with the Weasley twins. They had gotten much closer ever since their first game. She thought the twins were hilarious and mischievous. They hear laughing and look towards the entrance to see Neville hopping in the Great Hall. "Ah, the old Leg-Locker curse" George laughs and the other two chuckle as well. She was hanging out with them so much, she could figure out who was who.

Neville hops over to Harry, Ron and Hermione. "I'll do the counter-curse" Seamus offers, standing up. "No, that's all I need. You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire." He disagrees. Seamus glares at him and slams his wand onto the table. "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cared to notice...my eyebrows have completely grown back." He snaps before grabbing his wand and walking away. When he passes Juniper and the Weasley twins, they see a bald spot on the back of his head and they all start cracking up, making jokes about it.

They watch as Neville falls over and go into hysterics. "Best thing that's happened all day" Juniper laughs, wiping tears from under her eyes. "Who would have known the first year who was being forced to get into Ravenclaw but made it into Gryffindor would be so fun to hang out with" Fred laughs. "I can be pretty fun" Juniper argues. "That means you can help us pull some pranks then" George smiles. "Yeah sure" Juniper nods. "Great. Welcome aboard, Eleanor" Fred and George chant and she rolls her eyes at the two.

*****

    "Hey, June" Draco greets, starting to walk down the hall with Juniper. Juniper had just finished helping with a prank on Professor Flitwick. Luckily for her, none of them got caught. Now she was beaming in delight. She loved the thrill of pranking people and wondered why she hadn't joined the Weasley twins earlier.

"Hello Draco" She smiles at him. "What's got you so happy?" He asks her in disbelief. "You'll never believe it. The Weasley twins and I just pulled off a great prank. We snuck into Professor Flitwick's office and-" She stopped as she noticed Draco giving her a look. "What?" She asks confused. "You're hanging out with Weasleys?" He sneers. "Yes. Don't give me that look. If you talked to them, you'd realize they aren't bad people. If you actually tried to talk to anyone you'd realize that" Juniper snaps.

She couldn't really blame him though. All of their prejudice parents had put all this stuff in their minds that their family was the best and no one could top it. He suddenly stops her and she furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Um, Draco? What's-" "Shhhh. Listen" He quickly tells her, slapping his hand over her mouth, making her even more confused than before.

"Hermione, how many times in our lives are we going to see a dragon hatching?" Ron asks Hermione as Harry, Hermione and Ron talk about it in the corridors. "We've got lessons, we'll get into trouble, and that's nothing to what Hagrid's going to be in when someone finds out what he's doing-" Harry catches on to Draco and Juniper and his eyes widen. "Shut up!" Harry whispers to them quickly.

Harry, Hermione and Ron all look over at the two. Juniper quickly grabs Draco's hand leading him away from the trio before stopping him in another hallway. "Did you hear that? Hagrid has a Dragon egg in his hut. A Dragon egg!" Draco exclaims. "Isn't that illegal?" Juniper asks. "Of course it is. We should tell someone about this" Draco tells her giddily. "No. We're not gonna snitch on them. We weren't even supposed to be listening to them anyways" Junipers scolds him.

"Come on, Juniper. I want to see the look on Potter's face when Hagrid is caught" He brings up. "No, I'm not helping" She spits. "Fine. But you'll miss out on all the fun" He tells her, walking away. She glares after him before shaking her head. One day that kid was gonna make her lose her marbles. And he wasn't gonna like it when she did.

*****

    The next morning Juniper had decided to sit with the Ravenclaws. The Ravenclaws didn't mind her at all. They all seemed to like Lucas and Summer and if she was friends with Lucas and Summer then she was their friend too. Juniper was explaining to them about another prank her and the Weasleys had pulled on an unsuspecting Professor Quirrell when all of a sudden, Draco appeared at their table, taking a seat beside Juniper.

"You'll never believe what happened last night" He starts off. "What?" Lucas asks confused. "I followed Potter and his friends to Hagrid's hut last night and..." He looked around to see if anyone that wasn't his friends were listening before turning back to them and leaning in. "Hagrid has a Norwegian Ridgeback" He whispers in excitement. "A what?" Summer asks incredulously. "A Norwegian Ridgeback. I saw it." He boasts.

"Are you seriously still worried about the Dragon?" Juniper sighs, shaking her head at her friend. "Of course I am. It's a Dragon, Juniper. How many of those have you seen in your life?" He asks her. "That doesn't matter. It's none of our business. If Hagrid wants a Dragon then let him have one" She tells him. "I don't have to listen to you, Rosewood" Draco growls. "Then it won't be my fault if something bad happens to you" She shrugs. He shrugs and walks away towards the Slytherin table as Juniper rolls her eyes.

"So anyways did you guys get caught?" Summer asks, bringing up the prank from earlier. Juniper smiles at her friend. She always knew how to keep her mind off of things.