Seventy-Two

The first time the four step into the castle is complete chaos as Juniper ducks just in time, narrowly missing getting hit in the face by a water balloon. "What the..." Summer says in surprise, only to be hit with a water balloon herself. "Up there!" Luna points up at Peeves the Poltergeist who was throwing water balloons at groups of people in the Entrance Hall, McGonagall yelling up at him to quit his shenanigans.

"Ah, I love Hogwarts" Juniper sighs out happily and the three Ravenclaws give her a look. "What? It's funny" Juniper laughs, pointing at a group of fifth year girls that shriek and run as water balloons fly at them while Peeves cackles hysterically. "I shall call the Headmaster!" McGonagall warns and Peeves sticks out his tongue then, throws his last balloons and floats off, still cackling.

The four make their way into the Great Hall then, being careful not to slip and fall and Juniper waves goodbye to the other three who head towards the Ravenclaw table. Juniper pauses, searching the table of Gryffindors for a place to sit. Yes, she had friends in Gryffindor, of course. She wasn't sure she would've had any if she decided to ignore them at the game though. Her eyes land on Fred and George who were in the middle of talking with some of their peers, all mischievous smiles.

Their hair was still long, obviously having grown it out all summer, same with Harry and Ron. She was wondering when they were planning on cutting it. They looked better with short hair in her opinion. But then again, it was their hair, not hers. She finds the Golden Trio sat with Nearly Headless Nick, all of them chatting about something with the ghost. She moves towards the table and accidentally bumps into someone, causing her to steady herself and the person.

"Sorry" She apologizes. "No, it was my fault. I should've really watched where I was going" The Hufflepuff replies. Juniper looks the boy over more carefully. "Wait...aren't you that one boy, Dustin?" She asks. He was a little taller than her, his curly blonde hair having turned into mush from the rain. His green eyes widened as realization struck. "Juniper! Uh...hullo. Yes, hi. Sorry for bumping into you again" He apologizes. "It was mutual" Juniper assures him awkwardly.

"Right. So, excited for the sorting?" "Nah, I'm excited for the food" Juniper shrugs and Dustin nods. "I should probably let you..." he juts his thumb towards the Gryffindor table and Juniper nods. Dustin moves out of the way then, and Juniper sends him an awkward smile before moving to sit beside Harry. "Juniper!" Hermione smiles excitedly.

"Anyone else ever talk to Dustin?" Juniper brings up after giving Hermione a smile. The five turn to look at Dustin who had sat back down and was talking with Cedric Diggory, running his hand through his hair. "No, why?" Harry wonders. "Weird, isn't he?" Juniper says, watching him. "Why do you say that?" Ron wonders. "I don't know. I just ran into him and he was acting as if I was some ghost....no offense" She quickly adds towards Nearly Headless Nick. "None taken, Juniper. I myself know some ghosts who can easily frighten themselves and other ghosts" Juniper nods slowly, trying to process that new piece of information.

"It's because he has a crush on you, remember?" Hermione brings up, a slight scowl on her face as she looked at him. "Right, I know. But like, even then you'd think he'd be able to hold a conversation with me. I mean, I can-" Juniper looks at Hermione with wide eyes then, shaking her head. "You can what?" Hermione asks suspiciously. "Nothing. Forget it" Juniper quickly says. Ron and Harry share a look while Hermione continues to watch her suspiciously and Nearly Headless Nick just smirks in pure amusement.

"Oh, hurry up" Ron suddenly says, bringing the attention off of her. "I could eat a Hippogriff" He groans. The doors to the Great Hall open then and all of the talking stops as everyone turns to look. Professor McGonagall leads a line of first years into the Great Hall, all of them looking as if they had gone for a swim in their clothes, each and every one of them shivering.