Forty-Two

As the game got closer, Wood began to freak out more. Which meant, following around his players, trying to give tips. He follows Harry and Juniper around, rambling on and on about this and that and Hufflepuff and Cedric. The storm outside was really bad today, the wind howling outside, leaving the teachers to light extra candles. The Slytherin team wasn't worried though, in fact, they all wore smug smiles, especially Draco.

Lucas and Summer have been doing their best to keep the two away from each other yet still manage to hang out with both. Summer mostly hung out with Juniper and Lucas with Draco though. As Harry and Juniper make their way to their next class, Wood stops them once again, rambling on and on about quidditch, and of course, the two are polite so they stay to listen for a little bit.

Until they realize, Wood made them ten minutes late for Defense Against the Dark Arts, which Juniper knew was not good considering Snape was teaching class today. "Sorry, Wood, we have to go" She drags Harry away. "We're late" She sighs out. "I'm sure Lupin will understand" Harry reassures her as they reach the class. "You don't understand, Harry-" Before she can inform Harry why she was panicking, he opened the door, causing the class to turn to them.

"Sorry we're late, Professor Lupin. We-" Harry cuts himself off as he spots Snape instead. "I tried to warn you" She sighs out. "This lesson began ten minutes ago, Potter, Rosewood, so I think we'll make it ten points each from Gryffindor. Sit down" Snape tells them. Juniper sighs, Remus' words from the other day echoing through her mind. Pull back a bit on 'undermining' Snape. She can do that for one class period, right?

She heads to her seat but Harry doesn't move. "Where's Professor Lupin?" He asks instead. "He says he's feeling too ill to teach today. I believe I told you to sit down?" "What's wrong with him?" Harry worries. "Nothing life-threatening. Five more points from Gryffindor, and if I have to ask again, it will be fifty" Snape warns him. Harry finally walked to his seat. Hermione sends Juniper a look and she shrugs.

"As I was saying before Potter and Rosewood interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far-" "Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Red Caps, Kappas, and Grindylows, and we're just about to start-" "Be quiet" Snape cuts Hermione off. "I did not ask for your information. I was nearly commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization" She knows. She knows she promised Remus she wouldn't do anything she couldn't let Snape get away with saying something ill about her Godfather either.

"I can assure you, sir, Remus may be a little disorganized but he's an excellent Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. That is how he has this job rather than you, after all" Juniper cuts in. Snape stares her down, coldly. "That will be twenty more points from Gryffindor. Keep it up, Miss Rosewood and you'll also get a detention" Snape warns her. Having to deal with Snape outside of Potions was one thing but having him during detention is another.

She bites her lip to stop herself from saying anything. "He's the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher we've ever had" Dean adds. The others nod in agreement as Juniper smiles. "You are easily satisfied. Lupin is hardly overtaxing you. I would expect first years to be able to deal with Red Caps and Grindylows. Today we shall discuss-" He flips through the textbook stopping on a page.

"Werewolves" Snape adds. "But, sir, we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start Hinkypunks-" "Miss Granger, I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesson, not you. And I am telling you all to turn to page 394. All of you! Now!" He hisses. Everyone reluctantly flips to the page.

Meanwhile, Juniper watches him closely. She knows what he's doing. Why else would he be trying to teach them about werewolves when Lupin can't make it to class? He's trying to hint to them what he is. She clenches her jaw, her hand gripping the side of her desk in anger. It's not like she can say anything. She'll just give it away herself. "Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" Snape wonders, pacing through the aisles.