Forty-Three

Juniper could hear voices above her. There was a hand in hers. She couldn't seem to move and her eyes felt heavy. The voices, it sounded like...the Weasley twins. Oh, there was Angelina. Ron? Her memories start flooding back to her. The game, the dementors...the dementors got her and Harry.

She slowly blinks her eyes open. "Oh, thank the lord" Lucas breathes out. Suddenly, people are crowding around her. "Eleanor! You gave us a scare back there" George sighs in relief. She notices the Gryffindor team as well as Hermione, Summer, Lucas and Ron. In the hospital bed beside hers layed Harry who was awake as well, sat up and looking over at her.

"My head hurts" She groans, gripping her head with a grimace as she sits up. "Yeah, you and Harry kind of bonked heads on your way down" Ron nods. "After you fell off your broom" Summer nods, squeezing her hand. "Fell off?" She asks confused. "You and Harry fell- must've been-what-fifty feet?" Fred says.

"We thought the two of you died" Alicia adds, shaking profusely. Hermione makes a noise and Juniper looks over at her, noticing her eyes red and puffy. Had she been crying? "We're just glad you're not actually dead" Lucas sighs. "But the match, what happened? Are we doing a replay?" Harry and Juniper look at the crowd stood in between their beds curiously but no one answers. The two share a look.

"We didn't- lose?" Harry says hoarsely. "Diggory got the Snitch, just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you two on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square...even Wood admits it." "Where is Wood?" Harry brings up and they both look around. "Still in the showers. We think he's trying to drown himself" Fred shrugs.

Harry shakes his head, probably blaming himself as Juniper lays back onto the bed, still feeling weak. As the others try to assure Harry, Juniper turns to look over at Lucas and Summer. "Why is it Harry and I are always the ones getting hurt during a match?" She sighs out. "Maybe because you're too good and the other teams try to do anything they can to stop you" Lucas suggests. "So, what, the Hufflepuffs sent the dementors after us?" Juniper scoffs. "Possibly" Summer agrees and she rolls her eyes at them.

"How are you feeling, Juniper?" Hermione places her hand over Juniper's as she moves to stand beside her. "A little tired I guess" She shrugs. Hermione frowns. "There's no need to be worried over me" Juniper assures her. "You didn't see how it looked...watching you two fall through the air like ragdolls" Hermione shakes her head. "I'm fine, Hermione. I promise" Juniper wraps her hand around Hermione's, squeezing it and Hermione nods.

Soon, Madam Pomfrey ushers the team out and they leave, promising to come and visit them later, leaving a trail of mud behind. Lucas and Summer stay with Juniper though as Ron and Hermione stay with Harry. Madam Pomfrey shuts both curtains, leaving the two separate trios in peace. Even though they can still hear each other, though they don't pay attention.

"You should have seen Dumbledore, June. He looked as though his face was gonna burst and steam was coming out of his ears" Lucas chuckles. "And he had used a spell on you two which slowed you down and then he shot these spells at the dementors." Summer adds. "Oh, and here's your broom. It's still in good shape. Harry's though, his got destroyed after it flew into the Whomping Willow" Lucas says. "Poor Harry" Juniper frowns as she looks over her own broom.

The others nod before glancing at each other. "What?" Juniper asks. "Uh, Draco was here" Lucas informs her. "Wanted to get his arm checked out?" Juniper sneers. "No, he was worried about you. He still cares about you, Juniper." "He's trying to get Buckbeak killed after he acted like an idiot." Juniper growls out. "We know you like Buckbeak but we also know you care about Draco as well" Summer points out.

"I don't care if I care for Draco or not. I'm not gonna talk to him until he quits his stupid act and stops Buckbeak from being executed. I was hurt by him too, you know? And what did I do? I sucked it up and I made amends with Buckbeak." Juniper huffs and the two nod in understanding.