Fifty-Eight

Wood rushes the team out of the Great Hall right as soon as they're finished eating, wanting to get a good look at the conditions, everyone applauding after them besides the Slytherin's. As soon as they make it to the pitch, Wood paces around, muttering to himself while the team watches. "I thought he was intense during regular matches" Juniper scoffs, whispering to the twins.

"It's Oliver we're talking about. He's intense with anything quidditch related. And, this is the Quidditch cup" George points out and Juniper nods as the three watch him.
"Okay...no wind to speak of...sun's a bit bright, that could impair your vision, watch out for it...ground's fairly hard, good, that'll give us a fast kick-off..." "Intense" The three say at the same time, nodding as they watch him.

Wood turns back to look at them, and notices the rest of the school filing out of the front doors. "Changing rooms" He says and they follow after him, no one saying anything else as they change into their quidditch robes. "Good luck, Harry" Juniper pats him on the shoulder. "Thanks, you too" Harry smiles, though it was an anxious smile. "If anyone's got this, it's you" Juniper adds and Harry nods.

After a little bit longer, Wood looks around at his team with an encouraging nod. "Okay, it's time, let's go..." He leads them out onto the pitch. As soon as they walk out, cheers erupt through the stadium, three quarters of the stadium filled with Gryffindor colors while the rest wore Slytherin colors, Snape leading the Slytherins, unsurprisingly. "And here are the Gryffindors!" The usual commentator, Lee Jordan calls out into the mic.

"Potter, Rosewood, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best side Hogwarts has seen in a good few years-" His words seem to be drowned out by the Slytherin's booing the team. Though, they quickly turn into cheers as the Slytherin team appears. "And here come the Slytherin team, led by captain Flint. He's made some changes in the line-up and seems to be going for size rather than skill" Lee comments, receiving more boos though Juniper and Harry had to admit, he had a point, the smallest person on the team being Draco, the other players towering over him.

"Captains, shake hands!" Flint and Wood shake hands, both of them gripping the other's tightly as if trying to break their fingers. "Mount your brooms! Three...two...one..." Hooch blows the whistle and all fourteen players shoot up into the air, Juniper getting the Quaffle. "And it's Gryffindor in possession, Juniper Rosewood of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good, Juniper!"

One of the giant Chasers ram into her, managing to steal it from her grasp and she huffs, chasing after him. "Argh, no- Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the pitch- WHAM!- nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina- nice swerve round Montague- duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger!- SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Angelina pumps her fist into the air in victory, Juniper high-fiving her, the crowd screaming excitedly when-

"OUCH!" Flint had knocked into Angelina, almost knocking her off of her broom, elbowing Juniper in the process, who held her shoulder in pain. "Sorry! Sorry, didn't see her!" He tries to defend himself, though the crowd was booing. Suddenly, a bat smashes into the back of Flint's head, knocking his face into his broom, causing his nose to bleed. Juniper chuckles while Fred fist pumps victoriously. "That will do!" Madam Hooch appears in anger.

"Penalty to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chasers! Penalty to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!" Madam Hooch calls out. "Come off it, Miss!" Fred bellows but Hooch ignores him as Alicia goes to take the penalty. "Come on, Alicia!...YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Flint moves to take the Slytherin penalty, the rest of the players watching.