Thirty-One

Juniper and Summer spent their days at the Leaky Cauldron, looking around Diagon Alley, shopping for things and filling up on food. Some days they spent with Harry, getting to know the boy better, some days they didn't. They hung out with Draco and Lucas when the two finally came to get some school supplies.

They had waited for them to come so they could get school supplies together. Their parents sent them off with money and left them with uncle Felix as well. Their eyes couldn't stray far from the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop though, as there was a new broom out. The Firebolt.

It seemed to be every quidditch players dream broom. Lucas was planning on trying out for the Ravenclaw team this year. And, as much as Summer enjoyed playing quidditch with the others, she wasn't so sure she was gonna try out. She wasn't much of a sports person to begin with, she just liked to play quidditch with the others as a little activity. The other three though, they couldn't stop gawking at it.

Juniper and Summer had already stopped earlier this week and Juniper and Harry were gawking at it then as well, but she couldn't help but be amazed by it every time she caught a glimpse.

'The Firebolt'

'This State-Of-The-Art racing broom sports a stream-lined, superfine handle of ash, treated with a diamond-hard polish and handnumbered with its own registration number. Each individually selected birch twig in the broomtail has been honed to aerodynamic perfection, giving the Firebolt unsurpassable balance and pinpoint precision. The Firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable braking charm. Price on request.'

"Price on request? That's a good way of scamming people, don't you think.? Price on request" Draco scoffs, shaking his head. "Who knows, maybe your father will get you one" Summer shrugs innocently and Juniper smirks. "Or, maybe even the whole Slytherin quidditch team if you're good enough" Juniper agrees.

Draco scowls at the two as they snicker in amusement. They continue going around the different shops, getting new robes considering all of them had grown out of their old ones, getting more supplies for potions, and stopping for some food. Now was time for the books though.

They enter Flourish and Blotts so Juniper, Draco and Lucas can get their books. One of the workers comes towards them. "Hogwarts?" He looks between them. "Yes" They nod. "Any 'Care of Magical Creatures' students?" He wonders. "We are" Juniper motions between her and Draco. "Get out of the way" The worker pushes past them before they can say anything else and gets on a pair of thick gloves, heading towards the books entitled 'The Monster Book of Monsters'.

The books were snapping aggressively, some tearing each other apart as the quartet give each other looks. The guys hesitantly opens one of the cages before throwing his hands in and fighting off the books. He grabs a hold of one trying to yank it out and manages to pull it out, quickly tossing it at Draco. Draco catches it as it thrashes around in his hands, snapping at him.

"Hold it tightly to your chest!" The guy bellows and Draco gets a good grip on it, holding it close to him as the guy gets another one. He tosses it at Juniper and slams the cage shut as Juniper takes a different approach, softly petting the book. The book calms down in her arms and lets out a whine.

"Encountered one of these before, eh?" The worker asks, out of breath as the others stare at her in surprise while Draco hugs his book tightly to his chest. "Every creature needs some comfort. You never know what it could be going through" Juniper shrugs, continuing to pet it with a smile. The other three share a look as Juniper puts the book down to her side as it had fallen asleep.

Juniper turns to look at Draco with a pointed look. He pulls the creature away, doing the same as Juniper until his book calms down as well and he puts it under his arm. "What else do we need?" The worker wonders, looking between the four. "I've already gotten my books" Summer tells him and he nods, looking to the other three.