Fifty-Three

Juniper makes it back to the common room, still angry and upset about what happened in the Great Hall. Hermione was there, studying. "Aren't you going to eat?" Juniper asks as she pauses in front of her. "I'm not feeling hungry" Hermione shrugs, busying herself with working. "Are you sure?" Hermione just hums. "Okay, then. If you're sure" Juniper heads up to the room to grab her quidditch gear.

She comes back down, starting to head out. "What about you? Why aren't you at breakfast?" Hermione suddenly says. Juniper pauses. "I'm not hungry either. I'm just gonna head down to the quidditch pitch" She shrugs. Hermione nods. Juniper sends her a small wave before leaving, Sir Cadogan wishing her luck on her quest.

As she's making her way down, she decides to stop by Hagrid's. "I wasn' expectin ter see yeh here." Hagrid comments. "I try to come as often as I can" She shrugs, looking over Buckbeak. "Jus' about ter start headin down." Hagrid says. "Same here. Maybe we could walk together?" Juniper suggests. "Seems yeh've already got the company" Hagrid points out. Juniper raises an eyebrow confused and turns to find Hermione walkinng their way.

"Mione, I thought you were studying" Juniper brings up. "I'm still coming to the game. I thought I could get a headstart" She shrugs. Juniper turns back to Hagrid who had a glint in his eye as he smiled at them. Juniper stoops down beside Buckbeak, petting him a couple of times before standing up. "All right" She nods and the two start to head to quidditch pitch together.

They walk in a comfortable silence, neither saying anything. "I heard you and Draco" Hermione brings up. Juniper glances at Hermione before shrugging. "There's nothing I can do about it. He won't change his ways" "Are you sure you're not upset?" "No, I'm not. It was bound to happen at some point. He was Lucas' friend first anyways" Hermione could tell by her tone she didn't want to talk anymore so she let it go.

They make it to the Gryffindor locker room and Hermione takes a seat on the bench while Juniper digs through her locker. "Good luck on your game today. You're sure you're prepared for the dementors if they come?" "Remus, Harry and I have been working hard on it. If the dementors come, Harry and I can handle it. And Remus is actually gonna be at the game this time" An excited smile comes to her face at the thought of Remus watching her play quidditch. She hoped to make him proud.

Juniper sticks her wand into the shirt she was gonna wear under her quidditch robes before turning to look at Hermione. Hermione seemed to be in deep thought. "Um..." She rubs the back of her neck nervously and Hermione looks up curiously. "I kind of...need to change" She trails off. "Oh" Hermione seems to realize that as well, her cheeks turning red. "You can stay if you want...I guess...but..." Juniper didn't know how to word it. "No, it's okay. I'll leave. Good luck" Hermione sends her a smile before leaving and Juniper lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in.

Once she's changed, she waits for the rest of the team to come. Eventually, the others appear and soon, everyone's ready, looking towards Wood. "You know what we've got to do. If we lose this match, we're out of the running, just- just fly like you did in practice yesterday, and we'll be okay!" Wood tells them and they all nod. "Good luck, Eleanor" The Weasley twins whisper to her as they head out. "You too" She nods.

As they walk onto the field, they notice the Ravenclaw team already waiting. There was only one girl on their team, unlike the Gryffindor team where there was four if you counted Katie who was a stand in. That girl was the seeker Wood had warned Harry about, Cho Chang. She did have to admit that Cho was pretty and also short. She shakes her head. She had to stay focused. Focused on winning. She sizes up the other players who all looked fairly normal sized which shouldn't have been too hard.

"Wood, Davies, shake hands" Madam Hooch says as she stands in between the two captains and their teams. Juniper looks over her team and notices Harry watching her. She gives him a comforting nod and he nods back, both of them thinking the same thing as they looked up into the sky. They were prepared to take down the dementors. "Mount your brooms...on my whistle... three- two- one-" She blows the whistle and Juniper quickly kicks off from the ground, her eyes on the quaffle.