Sixty-Eight

Juniper, Lucas and Summer sit in the Room of Requirements to talk about everything that's happened since their last exam, which was, by the way, only yesterday. Everyone else was outside or at Hogsmeade considering exams were over and it was hot out but Summer was only there for the first part of what went down yesterday and Lucas only knew bits and pieces from what Summer told him.

After explaining everything about what went down, Summer and Lucas just look at her blankly for a few, Juniper looking between them with a raised eyebrow. "Guys?" "Let me get this straight" "All right then, Major Lee Gay" Summer and Juniper both snicker and Lucas rolls his eyes at them, clearing his throat.

"Your Godfather has been a werewolf this whole time and also best friends with a convicted murderer, who wasn't actually the murderer, it was their friend who has been living as Ron's pet rat this whole time and then you all managed to lose said rat, get Sirius locked up again and outrun your Godfather werewolf, only to go back in time with a Time Turner that Hermione's had this whole time to save Buckbeak after Hagrid lost the case and save Sirius from the Dementors, and you did all in one night...."

"Sounds about right" Juniper and Summer both nod and Lucas shakes his head. "Why is it I'm always missing out on the fun?" He complains. Summer turns to look at Juniper then. "I still can't believe Hermione has a Time Turner. Do you know how rare those things are?" She asks in disbelief and Juniper shrugs. "And you actually saw yourselves?" "Yep. I basically relived all of what went down last night including the whole Whomping Willow thing" Juniper sighs out, both of them wincing.

Juniper stands then, frowning. "As much as I'd like to continue talking to you all though, I've got to go talk to Remmy" Summer and Lucas both frown then, having heard the news of him leaving as well. They could tell Juniper was devastated. "Tell him I said bye" Summer calls out to her and Juniper sends her a thumbs up, heading down to Remus' office where he was busy packing.

She knocks lightly on his open door, Remus turning to give her a smile. "Need help packing?" She asks. "If you'd like" She doesn't wait for any more of a response, putting some things into his suitcase. They pack in silence for a few minutes before Remus turns to look at her. "Juniper?" Juniper looks up then, looking over his features. He looked awful and considering the night he had, she couldn't help but frown. Remus was smiling though.

"I found this last night" He holds up the ring he gave her for her birthday and she gasps. "I had been looking everywhere since I...well...you know" She replies sheepishly and he lets out a chuckle, motioning for her hand. He slips the ring onto her finger and she frowns as she runs her finger over it. "This isn't goodbye" He points out. "That's what you said last time..." Juniper says sadly.

Remus takes a seat at the piano bench then, patting the seat. Juniper rolls her eyes but sits down nonetheless. "D'you remember the last time I saw you? Before I came here?" "Of course I remember...we sang that song together...and then I didn't see you for years..." "That won't happen again, June, not this time..." "But how do you know that?" Juniper frowns, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Because, you've made me see something in my time here." He shrugs. "Yeah? What is that?" She scoffs. "Well, you helped me figure out the true mystery behind what happened with my old friends years ago..." Juniper taps lightly at the piano. "And you made me realize how much time I was missing being away from you" Juniper looks up then. "What do you mean?" She wonders.

"Juniper, I haven't seen you in years. Look how much you've grown...I won't stay away anymore, I promise. I'll be there for you whenever you need me. I'll be an owl away" Juniper taps the piano keys again. "You could be closer than that" She whispers. "What?" "Nothing..." She shakes her head. Remus looks over her before turning to look over the keys himself. "What do you say. One more for the road?" Juniper raises an eyebrow at him.