50 - dry ice

December 20, 2020 11:38 PMSeri's Apartment

Seri's Apartment

Seri sorted through her clothes worn over the weekend, tossing them into bags designated for laundry. After a psychic tug of war, Jeong-hyeok won the rights of washing the clothes Seri borrowed after Seri insisted she'll have it done and delivered to his address. 

So the only clothes she was sending to the cleaners were hers...and the blue scarf he lent her that she had inadvertently taken home.

Seri remembered stepping outside Jeong-hyeok's apartment giddy with the scarf he secured around her neck, "What is he doing? Does he think I'm going to freeze like a naked bird out there? Seriously, that Jeong-hyeok!"

After all she had a hundred different scarves with natural fibers, blended with the finest cashmere. She wouldn't need one, not especially one that came in indigo. She should return it, she would have no use for it...

Her tub and bed called her then. Oh to be able to finally sink into a bubble bath and a soft bed where she could stretch her legs. 

Plus her apartment had a Christmas tree, her place was big enough for dozens of trees.

December 21, 2020 7:15 PM 

She had Chinese takeout for dinner that next day but she couldn't eat more than two spoonfuls of rice. Something was lacking, even if the rice had far more complex ingredients than mere egg, scallions and onions. 

In the evening, she sat on her sofa and watched her Christmas tree twinkle with a glass of wine. She remembered being such a hypocrite when she purchased it. There she was, preaching about the absurdity of the celebration, but secretly got a tree with the words 'Merry Christmas' in glittery letters no less. She would say its purpose was purely decorative, purely cosmetic, which happens to be her line of business.

December 23, 2020 11:59 AM
KMEX Malls, Seoul

Instead of meeting with the designer in her office, Seri decided to drop by the Seri's Choice currently under construction in the mall's new expansion space intended for beauty and lifestyle. It was going to be one of Seri's Choice biggest branches, almost like a small department store with one floor dedicated to the beauty and cosmetic products and a second floor for fashion, accessories and a mall-exclusive interior section.

She was discussing lighting with the designer and architect when Ko Myeong-eun's lively voice  interrupted the chatter and the drilling in the background. 

"Good morning Seri!" Ko Myeong-eun waved enthusiastically from the entrance and sauntered right in, with a fringed checkered burgundy cashmere wrap, The brooch that pinned her wrap together was worth three months rent of that very space. "It's so nice to see you here!"

Seri bowed, "Hello Mrs. Ko." Her smile froze when she spied Seo Dan behind her mother.  

"Your store is turning so nicely." The KMEX mall owner spun in the bright-lit surroundings, "Every day there's something new to see! I love the garden wall you put up. Everything looks so natural..."