69 - dnd

art by 

February 5, 2021 7:40 PM 
Gangbyeon Expressway, Seoul

"Piano concert? What did you mean?" Jeong-hyeok asked.

"That's Manager Hong, he and the team gave me two concert tickets next month as their birthday gift. Can you try to schedule your day-offs on those days? It's a weekday so it should be easier." Seri looked vacantly up ahead at the lines of cars on the elevated expressway.

"Did they now?" Jeong-hyeok glanced briefly at his passenger, "Who is performing?"

Seri squinted her eyes as she tried to recall the name she gleaned upon the tickets, "Im Dong..." 

"Im Dong-Hye?" Jeong-hyeok suggested.

"Yes that one." Seri nodded, her pointer finger wagging in the air. "Do you know him?"

"We've met."  Jeong-hyeok said, nodding. "He's good."

"Ooh." Seri turned her torso towards him as far as the seatbelt could take her. "Maybe you can say hi to him after the concert."

"We're not that close."

"Aren't you tight-knit in your community? Or is it very competitive with a lot of envy and jealousy?" 

"It's nothing like that...He studied in Hanover, I studied in Basel so our paths don't cross often."

"So long as you're not mortal enemies and it won't be awkward...You don't mind going with me, right?"

"If I'm able to free up that day, of course I'll go with you...Do your colleagues know about us?"

Seri took pause. "Manager Hong is a good one, the last thing he wants is a scandal. I figured it's about time he knows about us as the person directly handling my affairs. He'll keep this under wraps."

February 5, 2021 8:30 PM
Ilmilag, Mapo District, Seoul

After all the debate, the Seri's Choice core team settled with a pork belly restaurant that combined their carnivore requirements with a decent modern ambiance. Hong Chang-sik kept sending signals to the purchasing manager until the latter caught the hint to meet him outside the restaurant while the rest of the team gorged themselves with grilled meat.

They found a spot away from the smokers before the purchasing manager asked. "What happened?" 

Chang-sik looked around him, before leaning and whispering. "I think we have a boyfriend situation."

The purchasing manager's eyes grew large, his hand coming up his mouth, "Are you serious??"

Chang-sik put a finger to his lips, "This is just between us, understand? If this gets out, we are done for."

"Okay, but what are we dealing with now? An idol? Actor? Athlete?" 

"She didn't say but...he looked..."

"What?"

Chang-sik's arm reached up, almost a head taller than him. Then he lowered the level of his hand to the height of a couple of books above his head. "Like this tall."

The other manager scooted over to compare his own height. "So as tall as me?"

"Yes..." Chang-sik begrudgingly admitted, being the shorter of the pair. "I mean Cha Sang-woo is pretty tall himself but he's really skinny. This new guy..." Chang-sik also extended his arms sideways, a bit more than the width of his torso. "He's built like a tower."

The purchasing manager tried to make a mental picture. "Is he a wrestler?"

"No I don't think so," Chang-sik frowned, "But he looks like he could snap someone in half either way. He looks very familiar but I can't put my finger on it."