40 - girls' night out

December 9, 2020, 9:30 PM
Jeanfrigo, Jung-gu, Seoul

Seri and Seo Dan stood in front of what appeared to be an organic grocery with crates of fruits and vegetables surrounded by refrigerators. But as Seo Dan pulled one of the fridge doors open, Seri would not see any frozen goods. Instead there was a flight of stairs leading to an underground restaurant-bar. 

It was Seri's first time and it showed with how she was wowed by the interiors and the rainbow lights. Seo Dan in the meantime was recognized by the bartender who waved as she strolled by.

"Oh that's why it's called 'Frigo'. It's French for fridge. It's so hip." Seri said, impressed as she plopped on a corner couch.

"You should explore places outside Michelin Stars some more." Seo Dan remarked in amusement.

"I don't trust them, so I'm following your lead, bar-hopper." Seri chuckled as she went through the menu, "What is good here?"

After selecting their orders, Seo Dan told Seri to watch as she approached a vintage telephone booth which she used to place an order via phone call.

"That is cute...How do you know this place?" Seri asked.

"Alberto." Which made Seo Dan take out her phone, "Where is he anyway? He's only supposed to park..."

"Maybe he's having a hard time." Seri shrugged, "Alberto took you here?"

"One time..." Seo Dan said as she dialed his number and brought the phone to her ear. "It's only ringing..."

Seri tilted her head at Seo Dan. "Are you going out with him?"

"What? No." Seo Dan denied flatly as she turned away from Seri's inspecting eyes.

"This doesn't seem to be a casual place you take your boss..." Seri was looking particularly at the couples occupying the intimate bar. 

"I was stressed and wanted to drink, so he suggested this place. It's not anything you're thinking." Seo Dan dismissed, ending the call in frustration, "Why is he not picking up?? It's not like the signal is bad here."

"You seem to really get along with him." Seri observed, from an 'innocent' outsider point of view, "He was cheering for you hard at golf."

"Because I'm his employer..." Seo Dan gave Seri what the latter teased as her 'trademark stink glare'. "Why are you putting me on the spot, Seri? You have explaining to do, too. You were completely out of it last Sunday. Don't think I didn't notice, Alberto did too."

"Oh it's so nice that Alberto is always part of our conversation." Seri smiled knowingly.

"Ugh." Seo Dan rolled her eyes, "Stop that."

"I know he's under your employ but you two really work together." Seri pointed at her and the ghostly space which he should be occupying, which she already assumed was next to her."He takes good care of you too."

"Because I pay him to!" 

"I have a feeling he's overdoing it..."

"Seri, do you expect your management team to perform the minimal effort? No, right?" Seo Dan retorted, "That's the same with Alberto."

"Hmm..." Seri jutted out her lower lip, eyes roaming around unconvinced, "Okay."

Seo Dan fumed, "Whatever...What's going on with you? Did something last Friday? Did you contact Jeong-hyeok?"

If Seo Dan meant to shut Seri up with her barrage of questions, she was successful. Even the smirk Seri wore had been wiped out.

"Nothing is going with me." Seri said with a casual shake of her shoulders. Their cocktail drinks arrived then. "I have spoken with Jeong-hyeok."