74 - sternenausbruch

February 22, 2021 8:39 PM
Seri's Apartment

Seri pulled up the zipper of her dress through a leather knot zip-puller, her mirror reflection smiling back at her. No, wait, her lips have to be darker, the shade was too light. She went back to her room to fetch a lipstick that would enhance the look of her monochromatic Vuitton dress, a strap dress made from layers of black floral sequins embroidered on a silk organza material, fitted to her form and the curve of her waist.

She walked towards her gym where her boyfriend was running the treadmill from the last hour, he was already slowing to a walk and wiping his face with a towel hung at his neck.

"Are you finishing soon?" Seri approached with her hands clasped behind her.

"Yes, I should be d—" Jeong-hyeok removed his earphones and turned to her, nearly slipping off the track had he not reached forward to hold onto the bars on time.

"How do I look?" Seri turned around and put her hands on her waist. Watching a marathon of fashion shows had the model strut ingrained in her mind.

"W-Why are you dressed like that? Are you going somewhere?" Jeong-hyeok ultimately cut his cool down short, his stride slowing down to a stop.

"It's one of the dresses I'm wearing to a show and meeting the Plan B designer." Seri crossed her arms, "Is there really nothing good to say about it?"

"No it's just..." Jeong-hyeok stepped down the exercise machine to take his water tumbler. He let himself take a look at her from top to bottom.

"Why do I have a feeling you're a school principal about to suspend me for revealing my arms? Or is it my chest?" She looked down at her slight cleavage peeping from her sweetheart neckline.

"It's not that," Jeong-hyeok denied, proving it to her by looking at her face which still had him balking because of her dark lips. "I'm not used to it. I often see you in sleeves..."

"Obviously it's warmer in Milan and you should start getting used to it because winter is over, Captain." Seri stepped towards him, close enough for her to see the beads of sweat on his forehead. "Is it an ugly dress?"

"No, it's nice...But..." Jeong-hyeok still had his eyes on her exposed shoulders. "Milan can still drop temperatures in the evening..."

"Ahhh your weatherman instinct is bothered, I see." Seri snatched his towel so she could do the dabbing for him. "Don't worry, Captain. I'll bring a blazer with me. I should tell you, Milan is the most glamorous of all four fashion capitals, everything there is amped up so I have to step up some more. Like this dress has a high-level of detail you can admire because these people know their clothes well since the Middle Ages and they are proud of that history."

She took Jeong-hyeok's hand to touch the base of her abdomen. "See? These floral motifs aren't machine sewn, they are made by hand."

"Yes...I think I understand." Jeong-hyeok bit the spout of his water bottle.

"Really? I don't think you do..." Seri sighed in resignation, hanging his towel around his neck. "But look at me trying to drone on and on again about fashion. You must be so bored of me."

Jeong-hyeok shook his head rapidly as he re-capped his water bottle. "It's not boring."

Seri stared at Jeong-hyeok unconvincingly. The dress must not be his type, he could have said something. Then again, he just wasn't verbally expressive. He tended to distract with questions and say more when he penned letters on his lonesome.

"I'm changing, it's warm here, I don't want to sweat..." Seri turned to the door.

Jeong-hyeok stopped her by catching her wrist. "It is really nice. And lovely." He said, "I can see they took time creating the dress and it looks rich with details.."