103 - hearts and sol pt. i

July 17, 2021 6:15 AM
Na Xamena, Ibiza

Jeong-hyeok was not used to soft beds and the one in the hotel was like sinking into steamed rice cake

Jeong-hyeok was not used to soft beds and the one in the hotel was like sinking into steamed rice cake. He could see Seri well deep into it though, with her lips slightly open, her arms hugging a pillow to her chest (his extra pillow that he gave her), her face soft and peaceful like a babe at arms in the warm yellow light, quite unlike her pinched eyebrows and clenched up form in Seoul. What he wouldn't give to protect her peace. He almost wouldn't mind having her sleep the whole holiday through, except he made more plans.

Seri still woke up an hour after sunrise, finding the room gleaming from the sun that poured in through the crack in the curtains where her boyfriend in a white undershirt stood with his back turned. She smiled at the sight as she quietly stretched her arms. "What a great view."

Jeong-hyeok turned to her, "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

Seri walked toward him in her short-sleeved pajamas, feet upon the smooth granite floor, "I did~" She vocalized with a stretch of her arms.

Jeong-hyeok abruptly stood in the way, closing the curtain behind him. "Wait."

Seri paused, blinking.

"Tell me when you are fully awake." He instructed.

"I am, fully awake." Seri rubbed her eyes for good measure.

"You're sure?"

"Yes, what could be out there that I'm not ready for?" Not about to wait, Seri charged forward and yanked the curtains open, expecting to yawn at a typical resort postcard appearance of a large pool and swaying palm trees but instead found the whole unimpeded view of the vast sea gaping at her that had her gasping and hopping back in shock.

Jeong-hyeok was there to catch her with a firm grip, "See? I told you."

"What the..." Seri took a moment to catch her bearings before going out again to stare wondrously at the azure water and jutting rock faces seen through the glass balcony. "For a moment I thought I'm about to fall..."

"It is dizzying...The hotel is built on a cliff." Jeong-hyeok explained, staying within a hand span away.

Seri stared up at Jeong-hyeok, "Jeong-hyeok. Tell me truthfully. Where are we? How much is this place?"

"What kind of a question is that?" His forehead creased.

"How much??" She demanded. "This must cost a fortune!"

"Why are you worried?" He deflected. "I told you, it's paid for."

"Jeong-hyeok, you got us a five-star cliff-top hotel??" Seri stated the obvious that wouldn't sink in her head.

"You once said you wanted to wake up to the sea..."

"The Mediterranean sea??"

Jeong-hyeok shrugged it off, "If it makes you feel better, it's not the most expensive room. There's one with an outdoor pool on the veranda but it's quite exposed. You can see it over the balcony if you look ove—"