89 - an heiress's guide to dating a pilot

April 16, 2021 10:01 AMSeri's Choice Headquarters

Seri's Choice Headquarters

Spring came early to the city, decorating it with bursts of color. The cloudy pink cherry blossoms left as soon as they came, the bright yellow forsythias spread out in parks and sidewalks with its bell-shaped blooms, the royal azaleas adorned palace pavilions and university grounds.

The energy of renewal, growth and opportunities was felt in Seri's choice, which was buzzing from the success of its F/W 2021 collection. The staff worked tirelessly with spring in their steps.

They also felt this energy from their chief who smiled more, approved more proposals, and laughed more—not even in a way that was sarcastic. She was more generous with her compliments, gracious in her thanks. But Seri would deny that she was softening; it was her team knowing what to do without her telling them so and that was the kind of efficiency that she praised.

"...The new red lip shades for the Wear Your Choice campaign were received well, our second shipment is being prepared. This is our fastest-selling lipstick collection..."

"Previews of our summer fragrance have generated a lot of interest. We also completed the shooting of the CF, which will be aired this May..."

"We're completing our review of our product line-up and will work with our new brand education head to promote inclusivity and awareness..."

"...Pleased to say we are ahead of schedule for our sustainability goals for this year. Our 'Girls Choice' campaign is also underway."

After the last topic in the agenda, Seri addressed the board room. "It looks like everything is going well. Keep up the good work, everyone."

But as quickly as spring went, Seri knew the cloud-nine feeling would be fleeting. Where there were flowers, there were thorns and Seri would be a fool to think that everything will come up roses. It was just a matter of how prickly they were.

Just as she was exiting, one of the seated staff followed her, preventing her exit. "Ms. Yoon, I'm so sorry to come to you suddenly. But may I have a word with you?"

The site operations supervisor. Manager Hong gave him a stern-looking down, "Ms. Yoon has a packed schedule. You should have requested an appointment."

"It's okay." Seri usually disapproved of those protocol breaches but she had a feeling the man wouldn't muster up the courage to approach her if something wasn't wrong. "Let's go to the office."

***

"You're having trouble with KMEX?" Seri repeated.

"Yes Ms. Yoon, I know I should have brought it up during our meeting but I thought it's better if I tell you personally." The supervisor reported after a tentative sip of his coffee. "We've had trouble acquiring some permits for our promotional campaigns. The head office isn't too receptive to our requests and...our store staff has reported some...coldness...among their people, and even from Dan & Ko."