18 - naejangsan pt. i

November 6, 2020, 6:00 P

November 6, 2020, 6:00 P.M.
Seoul → Naejangsan
Alberto's playlist: https://sptfy.com/5gvt

After a grueling work week, Yoon Seri gave her team an early off and bid them a good weekend ahead to the exultation of her employees. She was ready by the time Seo Dan arrived at her place at around 6 in the evening with a black minivan. Her driver, a tall, lean man with a rather winsome smile, had taken her luggage and a shopping bag that contained a pack of beer and salty snacks that she purchased from the nearby store at the last minute. 

"Good evening, Ms Yoon. I'll get these for you."

Seri couldn't help but take a second look at the driver before handing over her things. Just how does Seo Dan manage to attract all the handsome men?

The driver swung the door open for her and Seri prepared to greet the couple.

"Hello Dan—" Seri's smile froze, "...You're alone?"

"Hello." Seo Dan greeted, "Jeong-hyeok's flight got delayed. He might still catch up. Come, sit beside me."

"I see..." Seri entered the van. While the driver was outside loading Seri's luggage at the back compartment, she leaned towards Seo Dan to ask, "Who is he?"

"Alberto," Seo Dan waved, "Mother hired him as my personal chauffeur." 

Seri raised an eyebrow, "His name is really Alberto?"

"He lived overseas for a while."

Alberto then assumed his seat by the wheel, "All set, shall we be off?"

"Yes." Seo Dan checked the time on her smartwatch, "It's a 3 to 4-hour drive, we should be there before 10."

The journey proceeded thusly with a playlist of acoustic tunes turned down low so that the passengers could still have a conversation. But Seo Dan did not appear too forthcoming with it with how she gazed out the window. Her mood was gray as the long-sleeved sweater she wore.

Seri wondered if there was something amiss. "I bought us some beer and snacks for later."

"You didn't have to." Seo Dan said, a rather empty-headed comment, "I brought food and drinks as well."