sixteen | reunions

c h a p t e r : 16

Ishaan ringed the bell, a faint 'coming' from the other side could be heard but it was not the usual female's voice he hears but a boy's voice and Ishaan realized his brother had arrived.

The door opened revealing a smiling Ayaan mirroring Ishaan's smile, "Hey chote bhai (little brother)", Ishaan rolled his eyes in return and entered the house with his black school shoes in his hands, he placed them in the shoe rack beside the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ishaan was taking out all his books from his bookbag since his mother asked him too, so that she could wash them along with Ayan's bags.

And then he found the Maths book which didn't belong to him, he turned the book and on the front cover was a name on the name slip, Saloni and that's when he remembered today's incident when he'd forgot his Maths book and had shared Saloni's boo. 'Might have put her book in his book in thoughtlessness', he thought to himself.

And now he is thinking about how to return it before the vacations start or else she would have to spend her vacation without maths books and incomplete maths homework which was huge in amount.

He tried contacting her but no one picked up, so he thought of messaging her.

You
Hey I have your maths books
5:34p.m.

And looked at the chat window opened for a minute or two but when no answer came, he turned his phone off and waited for it.

He was really nervous and didn't want her to undergo trouble just because of his carelessness.

6:15 p.m. the digital clock on his bedside table read, no he couldn't wait any longer. What if she was planning to go on vacation somewhere tomorrow, what if.....

These 'what ifs' were all the fuel to the insecurities, spreading its roots inside his conscience, wringing the voice of his inner self. His fingers started shaking and his heartbeat sped up, he couldn't maintain his posture so he sat on the ground beside the bed and brought his knees to his chest. He closed his eyes and focused on his breathing, he started taking deep breaths through his nose and exhaling through his mouths. He started thinking about the ice cream place, his father used to take whenever they were on their way back from their PTM(parent-teacher meeting),his favorite place.

(A/N: I am new to this ⬆ but I wanted my characters to be real humans and not ideals you can only imagine in your fantasies. Just help me improve if you think it's needed. Thank you for coming this far)

After a few breaths, he calmed down but he remained in his crouched position. The opening of the door took his attention towards it to find Ayaan standing there looking at him, worry in his eyes.

"You okay?", Ayaan asked to which Ishaan gave a single nod.
_______________

For updates, sneak peeks of the chapters beforehand and other surprises follow me on Instagram: xo_runahem_xo

Do visit and leave a feedback there
I would love to go through them
:)

Do visit and leave a feedback thereI would love to go through them:)