ten | conference calls

c h a p t e r : 10

"What do you mean by life.....?", Ahana couldn't listen to what her teacher was saying once her eyes halted on the seat beside Aditya, where Prem was seated instead of the boy with brown hair, Ishaan.

She felt a little sinking feeling but it was gone the next moment and transformed with confusion. 'Why would she be upset?'

And focused on which was right, right for her future, her education.

"nutrition, respiration these are some examples. Got it, children? Now note it down fast."

"Hello?", Ishaan asked in a strained voice from all the coughing, still covered in his blankets.

"Hello, Ishaan?", asked a familiar female voice.

"Yes. May I know w-*cough*who is this ?" he asked nonetheless.

"Oh hi! Saloni here. Are you okay? How is your feve-", before Saloni could continue any further, a clearing of throat could be heard that's when he brought the phone away from his ear and saw it was a conference call and there were others also.

"Shut up Saloni", demanded a male voice, it was probably Dev.

"You meet me at school tomorrow, Devdas", which got confirmed.

"Bhaiyon aur Bhaiyon(brothers and brothers)-followed by a chuckle as he addressed Saloni as a male-"please calm down", requested Abhaya.

"Now back to the topic. How is your fever Chotu?", asked Ahana fluently but no one noticed the wavering of her voice.

She never cared about people's viewpoints about her but due to some reason, she wanted it to be good from Ishaan's side. Somewhere she knew(the reason) but then she didn't want to.

"I-I am good", he answered, the thoughts were same on both sides but the reason behind it was different. Ishaan wanted his good impression on Ahana and her friends because from what he had seen they brought the thrills which his life lacked and when he got the taste of it he wanted some too.

They were a good company and he wanted to get accepted into their company too and maybe. maybe because his heart was doing somersaults due to a certain someone....maybe.

"Do you need today's classwork? We can send it to you", suggested Saloni.

"No, Aditya already had sent them to me", he replied.

There was a silence after it. Even with the five people in the conference call, no one had something productive to start a conversation. Only breathings could be heard, Ahana couldn't take it anymore so she decided to ask the question she wanted to ask.

She took a deep breath, "So....are you coming to school tomorrow?"

He didn't know the answer to this, even though sleeping all day in bed with no stress to take, sound like a good offer but at some point doing nothing becomes exhausting, and that the person craves to do something instead of getting bored to death, "I...guess?", he answered with uncertainty but it was enough to blow the gust of satisfaction on Ahana.

She didn't let it show though, "O-"

"Great!", came an excited female voice.

Well, guess what? the gust soon turned into a hurricane of dread.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

!!Happy New Year (in advance) Guys!!

May you enter this year with a better, happy and improved version of yourself and don't forget to share your thoughts on my characters here.

I want to thank all my readers especially Knight_Vision_ Mugdha241 Death_Stalker_, you ppl have played a great role in the improvement of my works and my encouragement and to my other silent readers also do comment to make yourself known. I really want to know you people.