twenty three | wringing fingers

c h a p t e r : 23

It was a little cooler than other nights or in other words less hot since Monsoon was around the corner. The green leaves of the trees have turned yellowish waiting for the downpour to again bring back their color accompanied by the familiar earthy essence.

Most of Ahana's homework was completed now she was only left with the ppt of Social Science and the Maths equations they were given and the Maths-phobic she was, she'd left the equations for later where she would either take help from Saloni or just copy from her notebook.

'Aaaah', made Ahana a sound of relief while stretching her arms above her head, following by rotating of her neck while the basketball she had brought with herself rested beside her feet following by rotation her right eye she left her room.

She had come to the park in hopes of meeting Ishaan but her sail of happiness sunk when she found no one, but the hope that he might come later kept her still floating.

After practicing some layups and three-pointers she sat at the bench situated beside the court while trying to catch her breath. She sat there in a hunched-up position for some time, eyes closed while the wind kissed her damp skin, time by time playing with her tendrils that had left themselves free from the bounds of the secured rubber band.

Feeling irritated she tugged at the rubber band letting her loose and combed her fingers through them then she collected her hair in one hand and the rubber band in the other and was going tie them when she heard footsteps. Alerted she looked back to find one of the twins coming towards her, she still couldn't differentiate between the two brothers and noted in mind to ask Ishaan later.

"Hey", Ishaan greeted but finding the confusion apparent in Ahana's eyes he introduced, "I am Ishaan" to which Ahana nodded and greeted with 'hi' in a low voice.

He reduced the space between them," Do you mind?", referring to the space beside her.

She shook her head sideways and Ishaan sat beside her, he removed the mask since it was only the two of them and sat in silence for some time.

"Did you finish your homework?", Ahana asked.

"Most of it", he answered, and again they went silent.

The air thick around them both trying to grasp on some topic to continue talking but finding it difficult.

"So Saloni and Ayaan huh?" It had been some days when Saloni had called and announced, more like exclaimed that she and Ayaan were dating. She couldn't wrap her head around the words that how her path got cleared since there was no one else in the picture leaving Ishaan and Ahana alone.

The path seemed clear but Ahana was worried about the possibility of the rock called rejection at the end of the road waiting for her to be thrown at her heart, breaking it into million pieces.

"Let's go for a walk", suggested Ahana, and off they went into the night air with her beating heart and wringing fingers.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

I don't know about you readers but I loved this chapter.

Thank you for coming so far