twenty four | sleepover

c h a p t e r : 24

"Shall we leave then?", asked Ahana.

Today Ahana, Abhaya, Dev and Saloni were going for a trek in the small forest more like an orchard just outside the city. Ahana's house is closer to the forest so they had decided to meet at Ahana's house from where they would leave together. And after their return Ahana and Saloni had decided to have a girls' sleepover at Ahana's house while Dev and Abhaya at would have a boys' sleepover at Dev's house.

"Yeah!", answered Saloni with a bright smile.

They were in pastel-coloured t-shirts and light blue jean shorts, a typical summer outfit with hats on their head,bags on their back and feet on the pedal ready to cycle to their destination.

"Let's play Truth and Dare!", suggested Saloni.

"We all know know no one is going to say the truth then what's the fun in playing such boring game", Abhaya reasoned.

"Haa(Yes)", supported Dev.

Ahana didn't say anything as she was busy chatting with Ishaan. They seem to have gotten close over time with late-night basketball practise and occasional sharing of Poha

(Poha: flattened rice that is steam cooked with onions, spices and herbs)

And even though the chats were nothing related to romantic they still showered Ahana with happiness, her heart thudding inside her rib cage in a tranquil melody synchronizing with her fingers as she typed as fast she could with rosy cheeked smile while her friends had decided to play Truth and Dare.

"What are you-ohh", Ayaan nodded with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"W-What?", asked Ishaan with nonchalance in his eyes but fright in his voice.

"Hmmm...Ahana huh", Ayaan made a sound with a smile on his lips.

"Kuch bhi (Anything)"
(A Hindi phrase used to show disinterest just how 'as if' is used)

"Really?", Ayaan asked with his one eyebrow lifted while he took Ishaan's phone from his hand and putting it in front of his face, "But these chats say otherwise and so does your wringing fingers which you always do whenever you lie".

Silence followed and lingered in the air until Ayaan broke it, "But it's okay if that is how you want it to be", with an understanding smile and made himself comfortable on Ishaan's bed while Ishaan stared at his twin.

'What just happened?'

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

hope it's not becoming boring ;(
you can always inform me

 hope it's not becoming boring ;(you can always inform me