twenty nine | love blooms

c h a  p t e r : 29

"Let's meet in two months then", Ayaan said with a small smile while he hugged Ishaan.

"And don't forget what I said?", he continued to which Ishaan hummed.

'Go for it before it's too late', these were the words Ayaan had suggested when Ishaan confided to him about the dilemma his life choices had put him into.

And maybe this time, he was determined enough to cover the distances. With this both the twins picked their bags up getting ready with one trying to protect his love even with the physical distances in between and the other to pursue his love by overcoming the distances in between.

You
You coming to school then?

6:29 a.m.

Sal (Saloni)
Yeah
6:29 a.m.

You
Meet you at school then
6:29 a.m.

Ahana turned the phone off and started buttoning up her shirt while looking at herself in the full-length mirror, her eyes trained on herself but her vision somewhere else, it(vision) was visualizing the yesternight's event.

"You okay?", Ishaan asked politely.

"Yeah", Ahana answered in a small voice, the ice cream Ishaan had bought for them was long ago eaten and now they were left with the cold sweetness of the ice cream on their tongue and the bitter awkwardness in the air.

"Y-You know you can talk to me. I know we uh-we are not that close but sometimes it's comforting to have someone to share your emotions with...lifts some weight from your shoulders", Ishaan suggested in his calm voice.

Ahana agreed too since him sitting beside her was the live example of the comfort he was referring to despite, him being one of the reasons for her distress.

"Thanks for that. But it's just that...I-I don't know how to express myself", Ahana answered blinking multiple times, trying her best to keep her liquified emotions at bay.

Ishaan gave one glance to Ahana and again turned to look at the swaying tree leaves.

"You know...people say 'you need to be in the ocean to know its depths' but what we don't know is that what if the other person is also there and we just don't know since we are blinded by our worries"

Ahana looked at Ishaan in confusion.

"What I want to say is, it's alright if you are not able to express yourself, take your time but know that I-uh we are always there for you", Ishaan explained, giving a small smile in the end.

They were not wearing masks since it was just the two of them.

This time Ahana nodded in understanding and returned a beautiful smile of her own. She might be a little confused at first to hear such deep-meaning words but the words he said were true and made the buds of her feelings for him bloom into beautiful and always blooming flowers. 

Ahana smiled again reminiscing it while she was combing her hair when suddenly a ping sound brought her back to earth. She put the comb down and picked the phone up assuming one of her friends sent her a meme but what she didn't expect was to get a 'good morning'  text from the owner of her blooms, Ishaan.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

So how are you ppl? I hope you are taking precautions and staying safe.

I request you not be a silent redaer and share the love you have for the story.