five | evening walks

c h a p t e r : 5

"Okay, Maths done now just left with English...", trailed Ishaan.

He was proceeding with the homework when one thought lead to another and a certain black hair girl infiltrated in, the vision of her smiling face brought a smile to his own.

Then his thoughts changed to the basketball tryouts going to be held tomorrow, he was a little nervous but to calm himself he thought of taking a walk but first permission was needed, he packed his bag for tomorrow and descended downwards to see his mom setting up the dining table.

"Mom?", he asked, listening to his voice she turned and raised her eyebrows in question.

"Can I go for a walk, h-here only to that nearby park? Can I?" he pleaded.

"Okay..." she permitted, "but have your dinner first", she put a condition to it but Ishaan gave in nonetheless.

He hurriedly finished his dinner, put his plate in the sink, and went upwards to retrieve his sports shoes, phone, headphones, and the most important the face mask, then he went out wearing his grey sweatpants and hoodie.

The humid air of summer was considerably colder then than it was in the day, which relieved Ishaan, he took a walk instead of jogging as he does on other days. The weather was too pleasant to resist, he took a deep breath which calmed him, and decided against listening to songs.

Ahana was impatient she wanted to get selected in the school's girls' basketball team, she had to. So after she completed her homework, she thought of some practicing, she finished dinner, she asked her father, "Papa, I want to go for basketball practice, care to join?"

"Sure", he answered. After listening to their conversation Mehak joined and when their mom found herself alone, she joined them too.

After they reached the nearby park, her father, Mehak, and her mother decided to take a walk around the park while Ahana would be practicing.

Basketball thumping. He heard the basketball being dribbled when he reached the park which meant someone was playing Basketball, he went behind the sound and found himself beside a basketball court where a girl was playing with her over-sized t-shirt and black basketball shorts.

He watched her, she played well and the third pointer she shot Woah!

She must have sensed his presence because she stopped playing and turned towards him, she didn't have a mask on her face. She was breathing heavily, her lips partly opened gasping for air, cheeks red and hair dishelved from all the jumping around.

With the basketball hooked on hip bone with her right hand, "Wh-who are you? ", she asked raising her eyebrows and that's when Ishaan noticed the mole on her right eyebrow from the dim lighting around the court, Ahana. She must have not recognized him as she was frowning.

"H-hey. Ishaan here", he introduced himself and removed his mask to show his face.

"Oh...you. I never saw your whole face. Do you live here...I mean around here?" she asked.

"Yeah. In Jayanti Colony", he answered.

"So what are you doing here?", she asked taking in his clothing.

"Was out for a walk", he suddenly became nervous.

After listening to him they both went silent just the hushed whispers of the wind could be heard.

"Um...wanna play?" Ahana spoke out in midst of the whispers, pointing to her basketball.

"Suree", he answered. Moreover, a little practice would be considered good for him only.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

For updates, sneak peeks of the chapters beforehand and other surprises follow me on Instagram: _.runahem._

Do visit and leave a feedback there