thirty nine | possiblities

c h a p t e r: 39

"Were you talking about me that day?", Ishaan asked referring to Saloni's and Ahana's conversation on the stairs. Ahana nodded.

"I don't like anyone", Ishaan asserted

"You didn't like Saloni?", Ahana asked while a frown appeared on her face.

"No...I never liked Saloni that way ".

Ahana thought of stopping there since she didn't want to embarrass herself anymore.

"About what you said, are you really leaving?"

Ahana told of the situation, "So there is a possibility that you might be leaving yes?"

Ahana nodded again.

"So would you like to give it a chance?"

Never in the possibilities of conversation, Ahana thought she would have with Ishaan, she could have never expected Ishaan to speak those words to her.

And that's what helped Ahana to come back to her normal self, "Are you serious!?! I could kiss you right now!".

Ishaan flushed with a cherry tint on his cheeks while he looked around them to see if anyone had heard them or not. He saw not many people were there today and sighed in relief thanking the lords above that Aditya's guidance helped him.

He wanted to say "Who is stopping you?", as he'd seen in many dramas but he was too shy to say anything while Ahana just chuckled enjoying Ishaan's cherry cheeks.

"You got the keys to the wine cabi-Devdas see!" Abhaya whispered yelled pulling on Dev's white button-up t-shirt of the school uniform.

"Wha-Oh! This is gold", Dev watched Ahana and Ishaan walking the desolated path from the basketball court towards the building while holding hands.

"Finally!", a voice spoke startling both the boys who turned to found Saloni standing there watching the couples with a smile while both of them were clutching on the fabric above their hearts.

Saloni was really happy to see the couple, she was aware of the nights Ahana had spent thinking, trying to bury those blooms of her feeling somewhere deep inside and the glint in Ishaan's eyes when she told her about Ahana's feelings.

She knew her best friend, the sour candy she was, all she needed was a tinge of sweetness from Ishaan to complete each other and the distances they had.

"We are only left I guess", Dev mused to Abhaya who nodded in return.

"Aww chotus! It's okay you know, why torture the world when you have one another", Saloni commented followed by laughs.

Slowly the couple came in front of the building entrance and withdrew their hand in accord. The area deserted while some cucooks chirped in the playground before the school.

"Uhh...do you have a hand sanitizer?", Ishaan asked while looking anywhere but Ahana's dark brown ones.

Ahana laughed, it reminded her of the first time they met. So much has changed since then, they have covered so many distances.

Searching in the side picket of her duffle bag, she took it out and handed it to him who accepted it with a knowing smile of his own.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

the end is coming readers *sniffling*