six | basketball court

c h a p t e r : 6

"Hi!", greeted an enthusiastic Saloni to Ishaan who was busy looking for Ahana in the crowds who were sauntering in through the gates while twisting his fingers in nervousness.

The unexpected greeting startled him but he smiled nonetheless which got hidden behind the black face-mask, "Hey", he greeted back politely.

"Waiting for Ahana, I see. You live around where she lives huh?", inquired Saloni which again did no good to his already nervous self, "H-How do you know?"

"She told me", she replied nonchalantly.

"When?", because it was just last night Ishaan and Ahana realized that they live close to each other then how come this black-haired, enthusiastic girl got to know this.

"Last Night and before you ask how which I am sure you will ask, but then no one is sure about life and life is all about mis-" before Saloni could babble any further, "-Hey guys!", Ahana came to his rescue.

"Oh Ahana Hi!", greeted back Saloni while Ishaan breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sorry Saloni, we need to go", Ahana apologized to which Saloni assured, "Arey it's okay, I will save a seat for you hmm?", and got lost in the crowds.

"Shall we?", she asked turning towards Ishaan and strode forward without waiting for his reply while he hastened to catch her pace.

"Woah...", Ishaan whispered to himself and watching his awestruck look looking at the polished wooden floor where the reflection of the light falling on it could be seen, the air conditioners attached to the walls, students practicing their respectative sports wearing their school jerseys, made Ahana chuckle.

"Come", she spoke up and direct them to the boy's basketball court where the coach was standing facing the students. When they reached the court Ahana stopped and looked at Ishaan and said, "Join them", and left towards the other court where the girls were playing.

"May I come in ma'am? ", asked a breathy male voice which lulled the class and all the eyes turned towards the three boys standing at the door, with their school white t-shirts sticking to their bodies due to sweat, their hair disheveled and the shoulders slumped due to exhaustion.

The voice which spoke was of Aditya standing with Ishaan and Prem," Come in", instructed the teacher who got disturbed in the middle of her class.

The three of them hurried inside taking their seats. After settling down, Ishaan eyes roamed in the class, and after ensuring that a certain someone was also in the class, he took out his book and turned towards the teacher.

After the class ended, the teacher left after giving the homework and everyone started putting their books in their bags and some started taking out the books for their next class while others stood up from their seats roaming in the class and one of them was Ahana and Saloni.

Ahana asked the monitor of the class something but it wasn't audible to Ishaan over the murmurs and whispers, then they left the classroom.

Ishaan thought this as his chance, he took out the extra tiffin he brought from his bag and placed it under Ahana's desk since it was the closest to him as he didn't want to get caught in some human interaction.

Ahana returned from the washroom and sat down on her desk, her hand went inside her desk but she quickly retrieved it astonished and slowly looked inside the desk when she saw the box.

She took it out, a 'Thank you' was written on the lid with a bold marker. She didn't understand at first and removed the lid to found two mayonnaise sandwiches with cucumbers and that's when the realization dawn upon her, Ishaan.

There were two she understood one for her and the other Saloni since she lied that Saloni had contributed too but it was for good only, to make the situation less awkward on her part. Her eyes then searched for the mop of brown hair chatting with Aditya more like listening while he was writing on something which seemed like a diary.

Her deduction was interrupted by Saloni's yelling, "Substitution X-A! Games period!", she announced, listening to which the whole class cheered in joy.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

For updates, sneak peeks of the chapters beforehand and other surprises follow me on Instagram: _.runahem._

Do visit and leave a feedback there