seven | free period

c h a p t e r : 7

After the cheers died down the monitor who was standing on the door keeping an eye if any teacher was coming or not, he whipped his head in horror and yelled, "Baljeet is coming, Bhaago (run)! ", and ran back at the front of the class while the other students got back to their seat, straightening their posture, the new students followed them too.

Pin drop silence was the word to describe the atmosphere of the class, once wild classroom transformed so drastically just by the mention of a teacher's name that Ishaan couldn't believe his eyes.

He looked around himself, his classmates were sitting, some taking their books out, some reading and discussing in whispers, but he knew better as all were pretending and boy their skills! someone hand them an Oscar already.

Footsteps could be heard outside, slowly...slowly then they stopped suddenly, and in came a male teacher with 5.8ft height, tanned completion and the beard that made him look so intimidating the gleam of fear was apparent even at the backbencher's eyes.

"Whose period was this?", his grave voice clashed with the walls in the silence classroom.

"Science, Ms.Kaveri", replied the girl's monitor.

"Who are the monitors?", he asked the class. The boy's monitor and the girl's monitor both raised their hands, the teacher nodded in confirmation.

"Bring the class in a proper queue, make sure no one is left behind", he instructed the monitors," Class make a line", and went outside the class.

The moment he went outside, the classroom resonated with silent fist bumps and bright smiles.

••••••••••••••••••••

"Who all are playing?", Ahana asked the group of students pointing to the basketball in her hands, some students came out but most of them were boys, so boys vs girls wasn't possible Ahana mused to herself.

The others went to different courts along with the saw Ishaan went away too with Aditya towards the indoor badminton court. There was something that always forced her to look out for him, maybe it was the reason he was so calm and decent which she never was or the brown mop of hair she liked about him, but whatever it was, was just attraction and she will get over it the moment she finds another cute guy, the thought made her chuckle.

She shook the thoughts away and continued, "Let's divide the team then."

"Pass the ball Vinay!"

"Oye!"

"Vinay!"

"Just you wait", she muttered to herself and somehow reached Vinay where he was being attacked by his man(the player of the opponent team), while both the person were distracted she took the ball from Vinay's hand and shot it at the basket, the ball bumped on the red square of the board holding the basket but instead of falling into the basket, it slipped from the ring fell on the person standing below it.Fudge!

The scene was in slow motion, and the players watched it in complete silence but before the ball could hit the person below a hand shot out and stopped it.

And the hand belonged to Saloni and the person going to get hit was Ishaan.

Well...this was an actual Fudge

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖