thirty three | dumbheads

c h a p t e r : 33

"Hey chotus (kiddos) ", Ahana greeted while plopping beside Abhaya who was talking to Dev. Sensing her they both turned towards and greeted them with their own and hey-s.

"What are you two up to? Another one of your alcohol-tasting sessions from Vinod uncle's cabinet I guess?", Ahana asked indicating Saturday's incident when Dev called for an 'emergency' meeting.

Apparently, the two dumbheads, Dev and Abhaya, as Saloni like to call them had decided to be rebels and have some fun by borrowing a bottle of Brandy from Dev's father's liquor cabinet which they never planned to inform Dev's father of.

But luck wasn't on their side as Abhaya, the lightweight he was got intoxicated with just two drinks and started babbling his sob story in which Dev wasn't interested in since he knew already. After which the only thing he was left of was calling for help which meant, Saloni and Ahana.

"Ugghhh...Ahana please stop it. My parents have scolded me enough, now you don't start again", Dev whined while Ahana and Abhaya laughed at him.

"Oye Saloni?", Ahana asked while munching on Aloo Paratha.

Saloni hummed and Ahana continued, "How is life?"

"Don't beat around the bush just ask what do you want to", Saloni asserted.

"Naa I don't have anything to ask but share", Ahana explained.

"Go on. I am all ears", Saloni said while biting on a cucumber that had fallen from her sandwich on her tiffin box.

"A new branch of the company my father works in has been opened and his name has been recommended to be the there", Ahana looked at Saloni who was seriously listening to each and every word.

"That's good no?", Saloni asked turning towards her best friend.

Ahana shook her head," My father was saying if his name gets selected then he would have to shift there following by us ".

Saloni nodded while she took some time to absorb this information while looking forward,"So there might be a chance that you are transferring, yes?

Ahana nodded sulkily,"Chotu...(Kiddo) just chill. You are just overthinking again, uncle's name has been recommended not selected there still a scope. Don't worry all we need is just some good- Wait! Is that a girl I see talking to Ishaan?"

Ahana followed Saloni's sight to find Ishaan talking to a girl, Shanya. Ahana knew her, she was from 10-D and had recently got her heart broken, and to see her talking to Ishaan in a not-so-platonic way, it was evident what Shanya's next target or in other words lover was going to be.

"Do you think Ishaan will fall for it?", Saloni wondered.

Even on the inside, she was as curious as Saloni if not more but she didn't let it show, overlooking Ahana's clenched fingers, "Who cares", but Saloni knew better after all the best friend she was, it was only reasonable if she knew Ahana and her feelings the best out of anyone and she knew what her best friend was feeling insecurity.

Oblivion, that's what Ahana was pleading silently through her dark-brown orbs to which Saloni nodded, "Later then", and again they resumed with munching on their lunch.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

my poor Ahana