four | announcements

c h a p t e r : 4

"Jaya hai...jaya hai...jaya hai...jaya jaya jaya hai...", sang the whole school in sync standing on the school assembly ground under the hot scorching summer sun.

"Now students you can go back to your respective classes", announced the Head Boy.

"Gosh!have you seen him, I am pretty sure he is above 6ft", gushed Saloni while Prem, another student of their class shook his head since he'd been listening to this same line last year too.

"I am telling you from tomorrow I am not gonna iron my uniform since this sun does that, uff! so hot", complained Ahana.

"I know right", answered Saloni while watching the Head Boy, Abhimanyu Rajput, dreamily.

Watching this, Ahana hit behind her head, "Arey, I am talking about the sun", explained Ahana.

"Ohh..", exclaimed Saloni while rubbing her head with one hand and hitting Ahana with her other.

"Good Morning Ma'am", all the students in the class half-heartedly greeted their teacher.

"Good morning. Good morning. Now take your seats", she greeted back while settling her books on the teacher's table.

"So what were we-" she was cut amid her sentence by a voice, "Excuse ma'am", came the voice from the guy standing at the open door of the class wearing a school basketball jersey and basketball shorts.

"Yes?", asked the teacher.

"Ma'am, I have an announcement, may I proceed?"

She nodded in confirmation, "Basketball tryouts will be held tomorrow, on the basketball court, interested students will report with their kit in zero period", after announcing he turned towards the teacher with a sincere smile, "Thank you, Ma'am", and left.

"Woah!", whispered Saloni while Ahana was taking out the book she would need in that period and looked up listening to Saloni.

"Oh Aryan, he is in 10F. New admission", she explained and saluted with her two fingers when the teacher was not looking at them to which Aryan smiled her way in recognition.

"You know him? And didn't think of sharing this to me!", Saloni exclaimed dramatically pretending to be angry.

"And what might have you done if you knew he was coming? Announce it to the whole floor", asked Dev who was seated behind them and was silenced by Saloni's nasty glare.

"Well when is this zero period? Never heard of that", and that's when Ahana noticed Abhay's seat being taken by Ishaan.

"How come you are here?"-Ahana asked Ishaan-"and where is Bhay?" to Dev to which he shrugged and Ahana made a mental note to call him when she reaches home.

"Aditya is absent today and I had no one I knew so I asked Dev", explained Ishaan and waited for his answer.

"Zero period is during the assembly time, but you should go to the court as soon as you reach school and wear the kit from home only", suggested Ahana and Ishaan nodded and thanked her.

"And where is the basketball court?" queried Ishaan to which Saloni exclaimed, "What!?! you don't know where the basketball court is, the same court which trained such great players?"

"Shut up Sal not everyone wanders around the basketball court or the football ground, just to find some cute guys so that you can spend your day watching, correction creepily watching them", started Devdas-urf-Dev.

"Uff stop it guys, she is watching", whispered Ahana pointing towards the teacher but answered Ishaan at last, "Just meet me outside the school gate at 8:10 in the morning 'kay?

"O-okay", Ishaan stammered, he wanted to spend this school year without any female interference but luck wasn't on his side.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

For updates, sneak peeks of the chapters beforehand and other surprises follow me on Instagram: _.runahem._

Do visit and leave a feedback there