thirty eight | puzzled pieces

c h a p t e r : 38

"You what!?!", Ahana screeched, it caused some heads to turn towards them.

Ahana was hysterical, she was already embarrassed about how's she gonna face Ishaan, and now when Saloni had told her she liked him. Was he going to reject him? or to tell her that he doesn't want to see her again?

"Stop", Saloni asserted while sipping on the mango milkshake.

"Stop what?", Ahana asked while running her left-hand fingers through her untied hair.

"Overthinking. Uff even I can hear what you are speaking in your mind".

"As if!", Ahana retorted.

"What...What did he say when you told him?"

Saloni shrugged, "His mom came so he couldn't say anything".

Ahana nodded. Just when she thoughts the puzzle pieces of life were coming together, the wind of crises blew and tossed everything apart.

She wanted to do nothing but live her life as normally as she could, who knows her feelings might have faded away with time then she could focus on her studies again, and even if she wanted to confess, she would have done it on her own pace, not like this.

She really liked Saloni and her other friends but when they mess up like this all Ahana wants to do is strangle them or maybe not share her lunchbox with them but one thing she was certain about, she had to confront Ishaan who was waiting for her In the City Garden.

"Listen whatever happens just know we don't need others to stay happy okay? I know my Ahana is strong, she doesn't fear rejections".

Ahana nodded, strangle or not she was really grateful to her friends.

'Deep breaths Ahana'

She inhaled the fresh petrichor-filled air through her nostrils and exhaled through her mouth taking a step inside the entrance of the City Park.

Her black converse squashed the green blades of the grass below her feet while some torn blades stuck to her shoes. Her eyes watched the perimeter to look for the familiar brown mop of hair.

A timid smile appeared on her lips when she found the lanky figure sitting on the bench under the neem tree, his face turned forward leaving Ahana to gaze upon his side profile, and then she took in her appearance.

Suddenly a frown appeared between her eyebrows, they were matching. Now he'll definitely think she was crazy for him. Would he ignore her after today then what about their basketball sessions and the poha sharing. Ahana shook those thoughts and focused on the situation at hand.

Ishaan had noticed her, he was wearing his mask but despite this, she knew he was smiling at her because he couldn't wave with his trembling fingers.

"Hi", Ahana greeted while taking a seat beside Ishaan.

"Hey", Ishaan greeted back.

They both were silent after that, both trying to grasp the words swimming in their heads when Ahana decided and spoke," About what Saloni told...."

"I like you", Ahana spoke at the same time Ishaan asked," Do you really like me?"

They both heard each other. Something bloomed inside Ishaan and warmed his heart.

"Look it's okay if you don't-", Ahana tried to assure when Ishaan opened his mouth to speak something, so Ahana stopped herself.

His fingers were involuntarily trembling, Ahana watching this moved her own warm fingers over his cold trembling ones and soothingly muttered a small," it's okay".

Ishaan tried speaking again but this time he looked straight at Ahana's dark brown eyes, "I...I like you too", he breathed out.

His ivory cheeks tinted in blush pink, then he looked away. Ahana was stunned, no flabbergasted would be more appropriate. She couldn't believe her senses, "I think I misheard you", and looked hopefully at Ishaan who turned his head sideways multiple times indicating he didn't.

He really confessed.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

we are coming towards the end guys :(
thank you for coming all the way, I really appreciate it

we are coming towards the end guys :(thank you for coming all the way, I really appreciate it