three | sharing sandwiches

c h a p t e r : 3

The day continued, Saloni and Ahana were happy to have the new students, precisely male students in their class.

Trrrrrr-rrrrrr (bell rang)

"So students, we end our class here and don't forget to bring your geometry box tomorrow, we will start the Geometry chapter", Mrs. Rachna, their maths teacher announced to the class which most of the students ignored, busy taking out their lunch boxes from their bags but Ahana and her friends had no worries since they finished theirs in the second period only.

After exiting the main doors towards the school playground Saloni asked, "Where to?"

Ahana was busy looking out at the mass of white button-down half sleeves shirts and vibrant shades of black, brown, and dark heads, for a certain mop of brown hair. When she found, a smile formed on her lips, "There", nodding her head towards the Banyan tree under which the new boys, Ishaan and Aditya were standing.

"You are new too?" asked the new boy to Ishaan to which he nodded. "Ishaan", introduced Ishaan and lifted his right hand, then took it back when the realization struck him 'no touching'. Seeing this the new boy chuckled and answered, "Aditya".

"Hey newbies!", called a female voice which Ishaan recognized and they both looked at the direction of the voice.

Ahana beamed at the new students, following by her friends. She reached them, "So what have you got today?", asked Ahana to both of them who were standing there holding their open lunch boxes. She peeked at it, "Hmm..sandwich and Poha", her face lit up then she looked at Poha.

Ishaan didn't like poha and wonder why his mother had sent it even after she knew, he looked at the poha and then at Ahana who was smiling with a glint of hope in her eyes, "Do you want it?", asked Ishaan.

Ahana nodded and Ishaan passed his lunch box to him, "Have it, I don't like Poha", replied Ishaan. Ahana's head shot up, "So you are telling, you are not going to eat anything, and do you think I would let that happen?", she asked perplexing Ishaan.

Aditya, fortunately, came to his rescue, "I can share my sandwiches with him."

Ahana looked at him sternly which quietened him, "Boy you have one sandwich and if you share it with Ishaan then you will be left hungry", she explained.

"Then tell me what to do?", asked Aditya enquired.

"All I want to say is let me get him something from the canteen, you know...showing my gratitude since he gave me his whole lunch box, What do you say Ishaan?", reasoned Ahana.

"But-", interfered Ishaan. "No-uhh, no ifs and no buts", Ahana didn't let him finish his sentence then she went behind his back and pushed him with her back since they were allowed to touch.

"Thank you for this and I promise to pay you tomorrow", said Ishaan smiling in gratitude while dusting off the crumbs of bread.

"Don't thank me only, thank Saloni she contributed too and thank you for giving me your Poha, it was delicious please let your mom know that and no you don't need to pay , it's okay and bye", answered Ahana and bid her goodbye without leaving any room for discussion while Ishaan just stood there watching her retreating figure and when he turned to Aditya who was watching this whole exchange," well that was interesting".

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

For updates, sneak peeks of the chapters beforehand and other surprises follow me on Instagram: _.runahem._

Do visit and leave a feedback there
I would love to go through them