twenty five | cracks

c h a p t e r : 25

"Let's go!", asserted Saloni sitting on Ahana's bed with her strawberry face-mask on, her long hair pleated in pig-tails to Ahana who was hunched up on her study-table copying Saloni's Maths holiday homework.

Listening to Saloni's voice she turned with a confused expression etched on her face,"Where?"

"To the park"

"At this hour", asked Ahana getting a deadpanned face from Saloni.

"Acha(Really)? It's just 8'oclock no need to exaggerate, Drama Queen", scolded Saloni and taking Ahana's hand she dragged her out of the room and in the meantime removing the face mask.

Outside in the drawing room, they found Ahana's sister, Mehak, doing her homework and her mother sitting beside, helping Mehak with her assignmets. Sensing Ahana and Saloni she turned their way unquestioningly with a small smile on her lips.

"Aunty, can we please go for a walk? I assure you we'll back by 9.Please.Please...", requested Saloni with her best persuading expression.

"Okay.Okay.Jao (Go)", Ahana's mother permitted to which Saloni silently shrieked in glee and almost ran out of the door, down the stairs.

"Oye! Wait for me", came Ahana's voice from behind.

"You said we were going for a walk then why are waiting here? ", asked Ahana annoyance evident in her voice.

"Shhh! I am waiting for him", Saloni shushed and explained the real purpose.

"Him?Wh-Oh!..Oh...", realized Ahana that Saloni was waiting for Ayaan.

And on cue, two identical figures could be seen moving towards them and watching them approach, precisely a certain brown-haired boy, who had a basketball hooked at his side, her annoyed sneer turned into a small smile.

Soon they were in the two-meter distance with them and Ahana was glad that she had found her way to distinguish between the twins. Ayaan had a small scar on his right eyebrow which was noticeable when looked at carefully while Ishaan's face was cleared of any.

"Hey", greeted Ayaan first to his girlfriend, Saloni and then to Ahana who saluted with her two fingers in return to both of the brothers, and then the four of them walked to the entrance of the park from where the couple went towards the opposite, less crowded side and the left two decided to play basketball since it was the only choice left to them.

Watching the couple's retreating figure for some moment with a small smile, Ahana started turning towards the basketball court but she found Ishaan watching the couple just like her but unlike her, his face was void of any expression and an uncommon emotion reeling in his amber eyes, to which Ahana was unfamiliar with but encountering this Ahana herself was feeling an emotion very much familiar to her, melancholy.

She could feel the cracks made by these small pebbles of insecurity and knew the day was not far when these cracks would turn into craters and these small pebbles into rocks breaking her heart into pieces.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

My poor Ahana and Ishaan too.