twenty six | silver moonlight

c h a p t e r : 26

Fourth.For the fourth time, Ahana turned from her former position while laying on her bed. It was late at night probably around 1 o'clock, the next day was Sunday so it wasn't much of a problem. The main problem was her sleep which she knew wasn't going to appear soon taking her to her favorite place, her dreamland.

This time Ahana laid flat on her bed looking at the white ceiling above.

"What is it?", came the voice of her best friend laid beside her with her body slightly towards her.

Ahana's dark-brown eyes widened a little in astonishment but then after collecting herself she looked at Saloni who was already looking at her. Shaking her head she muttered a small nothing and again turned her eyes towards the ceiling.

Saloni wasn't at all convinced with the reply but when even after staring at Ahana for a whole 60 sec she got silence, she huffed a breath of annoyance and covered her head with the duvet she had on her body.

Hearing her snores after sometime Ahana looked at her sleeping best friend's and breathed a sigh which caused a trivial upheaval in the silent night.

   Turning her whole body the other side, from where the canopy of the Neem tree could be seen she gazed at the silver moonlight of the Pūrṇimā (full moon) night seeping in through the cracks between the canopy of leaves falling on the white tiled floor of her room.

What could she have said? That the boy she liked had feelings for her best friend or most importantly that she liked a boy.

Nothing. Nothing could she say and nothing is left to be said.

With these thoughts, her pursed lips and frowning eyebrows trying to suppress the burning agony of one-sided feelings inside, she closed her eyes while a sole tear escaped somehow and fell on the cotton bed sheet.

Monday mornings were always busy for the Shah family.

"Maa! (Mother)! where are my socks? ", asked Ahana while wearing the belt with her school logo.

"Check the drawers!", came her mother's voice from the kitchen.

Hearing this Ahana nearly ran towards the drawer and opened the drawer, taking out the grey pair of socks she hastily silde them up her legs and skidded out of her room in her socks-clad feet.

"Kya bana hai(What's made)?" Ahana asked implying the breakfast.

"Cheese omelet", answered Mehak (Ahana's sister) while picking up the fork from the cutlery holder placed on the dining table.

Gradually breakfast was coming to an end, Ahana was lazily cutting the cheese omelet with the dinner knife on her plate when suddenly a statement by her father made her stop," My name has been recommended for the General Manager of the new branch".

This meant only one thing transfer.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

Point to be noted : Ahana's father's name has been recommended not selected which means there is a possibility that she might transfer.

Hope you are liking the story so far ;)