twenty eight | ice cream

c h a p t e r : 28

Potassium. Sodium. Calcium. Magnesium. Aluminum.Aluminum......Ughhh!

Ahana opened her chemistry book again and skimmed her eyes on the reactivity series but couldn't concentrate. Her mind was somewhere else-not in one place but in many places and the Gems chocolate with an 'everything happens for a reason' on a piece of paper tucked beside it, she got that afternoon was one of them.

She couldn't do this, she had to focus. Her periodic tests were just around the corner and here she was wasting her overthinking about petty aspects. She had to clear her mind, thinking this she put on her sports shoes took her basketball, and went outside on the calm summer night in hopes of leaving some of her chaos there.

"Maa(Mother)! I am going outside", she hollered from the front door and left without waiting for a response.

"Packed everything?" asked Ishaan pressing on the top of the suitcase and while Ayaan zipped it close followed by a yup.

"So.....", Ishaan trailed off.

Ayaan who was double-checking everything looked up hearing his twin's voice, confusion evident on his features, "So what?"

Ishaan took a deep breath trying his best not to dampen the situation and mustering up the courage he asked, "What about Saloni?"

Ayaan knew what Ishaan was implying and with a faint smile on his lips, he answered, "We will survive", to which Ishaan nodded in understanding.

"Now help me with these ", Ayaan asserted.

"Do it yourself", Ishaan retorted and started tying his shoelaces.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

The thumping of the basketball on the cemented floor with a tung sound following after it was a melody to her ringing ears. It calmed her.

She dribbled the ball for the last time and standing on the third-pointer ring, she thrust the basketball with her right hand making a forty-five degree and her left hand supporting it.

It landed inside the basket silently creating a chaos of joy in her heart and a teeth-showing smile again appeared on her lips after which she decided to take a break.

She turned to find a figure standing outside the court and almost had a heart attack. But before she could yell help, the figure came forward which caused the lights to fall on their face.

"Hey", Ishaan greeted, and the smile Ahana had adorning her lips turned neutral.

He was the last thing Ahana wanted but the first thing she yearned for. But then it was her fault not his, he was unaware of the turmoil taking place in the ocean of her thoughts and she should keep it that way only.

"Hey", she greeted back while walking towards the bench and sat on it.

Ishaan followed too and sat beside keeping his distance because he knew despite Ahana's attempts to keep him unaware, not that Ahana liked him but something was pestering Ahana and he had to do something to keep the smile intact because he admits to himself or not but he had grown to love it (smile).

Ting! Ting! Ting! the sound was heard to which Ishaan was very familiar with and he knew what need to do. Turning to Ahana he asked, "Want some ice cream?"

And that Ishaan bought something for a girl two times, in a day.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

Those who know, know.