twenty one | honey skin

c h a p t e r : 21

Vacations had started, this year Kapoor Family (Ishaan's family) had decided to spend their summer exploring the town they had recently shifted to. Moreover, Ishaan and Ayaan had joined the 'Umang Summer Camp' to keep themselves busy.

"Woah....", exclaimed Aditya on Ishaan's laptop screen while scrolling down the Pictagram app and came closer to the camera showing a picture to Ishaan. It was Ahana's account as the id read, below it was a scenery of green hills one after the other playing hide-and-seek in the misty air. Aditya swiped at the screen and it was Ahana this time clad in her winter clothes and smile on her lips, making a peace sign while the sun rays caressed her honey-colored skin.

Aditya scrolled again and showed another picture, it was of Saloni, her back was visible while she was looking at the sun sink on the ocean's horizon.

After Aditya had showed him the pictures Ishaan felt something. It was the kind of feeling one feels going down the rollercoaster, the ride is short but the effects are left behind but by whom?

He didn't have the answer to this.

"It's good...but what is the point of showing these to me? ", he asked confused.

Aditya kept the phone on the table and looked at Ishaan through the camera, "Nothing. I was suggesting you to make a Pictagram account, you know to keep updates about other friends. What do you say?"

Ishaan never found the need to have an account on social platforms, "I don't know....maybe later", he answered uncertainly, to which Aditya nodded understandingly.

"Okay. I need to leave, have to clean the room before Dadi (Grandma) comes back from her walk", he explained.

"Okay...Bye", Ishaan waved through the screen.

"Bye", Ishaan's laptop screen showed the homepage of the Video-Meet app. He closed the laptop and found Ayaan resting on the headboard of the bed with his phone in his hand, "What happened?", he asked.

"Nothing. Aditya was telling me to open an account on Pictagram", Ishaan answered.

"Why don't you then?", he asked his full attention on his twin.

"Are you sure?....S-Should I?", Ishaan asked.

"Why not? Come I'll help you make one", Ayaan offered.

Ahana was scrolling through her Pictagram feed. A new post appeared of Saloni, smiling brightly at the camera, a fruit punch in her hand. Watching her bright, it brought a smile on her own lips, she double-tapped the screen to like then wrote 'don't forget to bring my souvenirs', in her comment section.

The reply came instant, 'Same goes for you witch', reading it her smile grew bigger and while shaking her head she continued with her scrolling.

Suddenly a ping sound came indicating a notification. She wiped downwards, the notification was about a follow request on Pictagram, getting follow requests were normal, the thing which wasn't normal was the person who had requested her was none other than Ishaan, and to confirm her suspicion there was a picture of Ishaan in all his cute-glory.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

So.....how are you liking the story so far? Comment down on the section below.

how are you liking the story so far? Comment down on the section below