eleven | perfume bottles

c h a p t e r : 11

"Maa! I am going to be late for school please tie my hair", complained Ahana to her mother who was closing the lids of their lunch boxes.

"First stop stomping your feet around like an elephant, Mrs.Gupta is just seconds away from coming upstairs before she starts with her complains", her mother scolded.

Ahana huffed and sat down on the dining chair," Happy? Now please tie my hair", she explained.

Her mother went inside her room and came back with a comb and two black rubber bands, she sat on the sofa, covered in coffee-colored velvet cover and indicated Ahana to sit before her.

"Please make sure to hide these bangs or else I will be fined", Ahana asked her mother in a persuasive voice specifying her blue streaks amid her black hair.

"Then who told you get those streaks huh?", her mother told in a chiding tone to which Ahana whined in a childish way indicating her mother to stop.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Beep.Beep.Beep

"Ugh", groaned Ishaan while his hand reached out to stop the alarm clock.

Slowly he opened his eyes and looked at the white ceiling above, huffed, and then moved himself to the side of the bed and touched the tiled floor.

"Oh you woke up", Ishaan's mother wondered out loud, a soft smile on her face watching her older son fit and healthy again, she'd really got scared the day before.

He smiled at her in return and stood up. Taking a deep breath, he stretched his contracted muscles and at last, he rolled his neck, then starting heading towards the bathroom. "Wait. Let me check your temperature first," and pushed a thermometer in his mouth.

When the device started beeping, she took it out of his mouth, it read 98.7°F, reading which she hummed.

"Can I go to school today then?", asked Ishaan with hopeful eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Can I go to school today?", he repeated.

She diverted her attention from the thermometer to her son, after speculating for some time, she gave in, "Okay", and left the room.

A face-splitting grin took over his face, a surge of happiness spread all over his body as he fist-bumped in the air.

Yes!

"Hmmm..hm..hmmm", hummed Ishaan a familiar song he'd heard earlier while combing his fingers through his mop of brown hair, looking at his reflection in the mirror.

After getting a final look at himself, his eyes fell on the citric-fragrant perfume bottle, he stared at it which brought memories of his first day at school, a faint smile on his lips.

He picked up the bottle, removed the lid, and sprayed some on his armpits, wrists, and below the ear. Then took the mask and went downstairs to have his breakfast.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖