Chapter 24 ◈ Game Plan

"Here's your beverage, ma'am

"Here's your beverage, ma'am." She handed me my order. "Would you like anything else?"

I gave her a smile. "No, thank you. This will do."

Nodding, the flight attendant left, pushing the cart of treats along. I sipped my mango shake and sighed in delight.

Ah, this is life.

As soon as we solved the scroll's riddle, the Olympian siblings dragged me along to the airport and to a private jet, which completely got me by surprise. Everything happened so quickly that I didn't have time to question a thing.

Athena and Poseidon were busy studying a map of Naples and reading tourist guides about Mount Vesuvius while Zeus and I idled on our comfy leather seats with drinks at hand.

I set aside my drink. "This is so cool. Do you always ride in luxury whenever you get a mission?"

Zeus smirked. "Pretty much. One of the things we get to enjoy before the mission actually starts."

"Tell me," I began, "are your missions that hard to accomplish?"

Zeus shrugged. "I guess so. You just never really know what to expect since there might be something surprising that might come your way." He glanced at the window. "Like that time when—"

"We're getting a call from Mother," Poseidon said, interrupting Zeus's thought. "I'll transfer it to the plane's main screen."

He began swiping and tapping something on his tablet and the image of Rhea appeared on the wide TV screen. She was sitting at her office in Olympian High.

"Greetings, young Chosens." She smiled, then turned to me. "Hello, Amelia dear. I apologize that I wasn't able to see you for these past couple of weeks. My schedule didn't allow me to have a single break to foresee your training."

"It's alright, ma'am—I mean Rhea. I completely understand," I said. "Zeus and Athena already did a good job in teaching me what they know."

"I'm glad to hear that," she said. "Alright, since you all have solved the scroll riddle by yourselves this time, I'd like to hear your plan when you reach Naples."

Athena took a deep breath. "We have already talked about it, and we decided to go to Mount Vesuvius as soon as we land at the airport. Poseidon has already booked us a private tour guide to help us get there."

"We'll search around the area for possible spots where the Artifact might be until the tourist hours end," Poseidon said. "But if we don't find it before that time, we'll just stick around a little longer."

"And what if your tour guide doesn't let you?" Rhea asked.

"Well, we'll just have to trick him somehow," Zeus replied. "Which won't be much of a problem."

Rhea nodded in approval. "Excellent. I won't ask any further as I trust that you'll be able to handle this on your own. I hope you won't fail this time. If you do, the enemy is one Artifact closer to. . . doing something horrible."