Chapter 34 ◈ False Alarm

I wonder if I really lost my necklace for good

I wonder if I really lost my necklace for good. I tried looking for it again on the weekends with Pierre, but we still came up empty-handed.

What would Uncle Ben think?

Speaking of which, I can't believe he's gone missing too. Who would even want to kidnap him? I mean, he wasn't involved in any sort of suspicious activities as far as I know. Except knowing about the Olympian Artifacts, just like me and the others. Is that why he got kidnapped in the first place? Is it because he knows but he's not supposed to?

Wherever he is, I just hope he's alive and kicking.

And why do I feel that my necklace and my uncle going missing is not a coincidence? There's just something in my mind that I can't seem to put a finger to. . .

A wave of a hand snapped me out of my daze. I blinked as Athena stared at me in anticipation.

"Well?" she said. "What are you waiting for?"

"What?" I stared at her in confusion.

She rolled her eyes. "Did you hear what I just said? Zeus and Poseidon called, we're going to meet them at HQ about something important."

"Oh." I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. I was just thinking about something."

"Whatever. Let's go already."

Soon, the two of us stood in front of the principal's office and we entered the place.

Without hesitation, Athena and I walked into the elevator. She pressed the lowest button from the set and the doors closed promptly. A little screen replaced the buttons and Athena pressed her thumb on the surface. Shortly after, a chime sounded and the doors slid open, revealing the hidden headquarters.

Zeus waved as we stepped out. "Hey girls."

"Hi!" I waved back.

Poseidon looked at us. "Alright, since we're all here, let's get to business."

"Did you guys get a new clue?" I asked.

Zeus shook his head.

"Not really, Amelia," Poseidon replied. "We all know that the Rogues already have three Olympian Artifacts, if not more."

A moment of silence enveloped the room.

"Since they have so many collected in one place, I figured the energy signatures of the Items will be more concentrated." He turned his attention to the large screen in front of him and began typing on a bunch of keys. "We couldn't pinpoint the weak energy of one Artifact before, but what if we could search the location where most of them are?"

Blinking red dots appeared in the world map shown on the screen, popping up around the continents randomly.

"What's happening?"