Chapter 11 ◈ Museum Mania (Part 2)

"Get back here Hermes!" A familiar male voice shouted amid glass shattering beyond the lobby

"Get back here Hermes!" A familiar male voice shouted amid glass shattering beyond the lobby. It was Zeus.

When I neared a concrete wall, I slowed down to a halt. I quickly hid behind it and gazed at the commotion that was happening.

Just like what Poseidon said, Zeus and Athena were both busy fighting two black-clad men. One of them was perched on a museum column while shooting golden arrows at Athena's direction. Athena held a bronze shield and used it to block her assailant's arrows.

Zeus, on the other hand, was attacking another using an iron sword. The man he called Hermes was constantly dodging his attacks.

"You can't catch me!" Hermes teased. "You're too slow!"

Zeus grunted and brashly slashed his sword at Hermes multiple times, but Hermes kept on sidestepping. It didn't take long before Zeus leaned on his sword for support, panting. Hermes smugly looked at his opponent.

"Are you done yet?" Hermes asked, feigning a yawn. "Let's make this fight a little more interesting, shall we?"

As soon as he said those words, he bent down into a crouch. His body started to enlarge, orange fur growing from his skin and his limbs turned into big paws. His clothes started to tear off, giving way for his fur-covered body and razor-sharp claws. Yellow eyes replaced his emerald ones and his human teeth turned into pointed canines.

I gasped. H-He just turned into a tiger!

The tiger roared, making Zeus step back in fear. Athena and the archer both froze on their places, staring at the majestic feline that replaced Hermes.

"What good timing, Hermes!" the archer called. "We really needed you to turn into a tiger for the mission!"

I swore that the tiger's eyes moved sideways, as if trying to roll them. He ignored the archer and took a step forward, baring its large canines at Zeus.

Zeus gulped. "S-Stay away."

A fit of laughter resonated in Hermes's mind. This is going to be fun.

Athena shuffled in front of Zeus, shielding him from the advancing tiger.

"Step back, Hermes" she said, a hint of terror in her voice. "I-I'm warning you."

Tiger Hermes growled in response.

Mustering his courage with a deep breath, Zeus stepped away from Athena's shield. "I'll take care of this."

Athena stared at him in disbelief. "Are you mad, Zeus? It's a freaking ti—"

"I said I'll take care of it," he said, adjusting the grip on his sword. "Go and stop Apollo."

Just as he said this, a golden arrow shot towards them. Luckily, Athena stopped it in time with her shield and glared at the archer.

Apollo shrugged halfheartedly. "It was worth a shot."