Chapter 36 ◈ Imprisoned Guest

I swear if I passed out one more time because of something the Rogues did to me, I'd ask them to kill me than prolong my suffering

I swear if I passed out one more time because of something the Rogues did to me, I'd ask them to kill me than prolong my suffering. The dizzy and uncomfortable feeling of waking up to an unfamiliar place always threw me off.

Speaking of which, even after blinking my eyes open, I was still surrounded by darkness, which got me frantic until I felt a cloth move slightly over my face.

Oh. A blindfold. That explains it.

I tried taking it from my face, but my hands were tied down behind me. Judging from the cold metal that tightly bound my wrists, they probably used the same handcuffs they made me wear from the police station.

Just great.

"Where am I?" I asked out loud.

"Shut up," a familiar female voice said.

I leaned to the source of the voice, which I thought for a moment was in front of me. Something shifted nearby, making me turn to my left.

"Who's there?"

"Chill, it's me, your favorite trickster," Hermes said as I felt him move closer beside me.

A frown made its way to my lips. "Where am I? And why do I feel like we're moving in some sort of a car?"

"Because you are in one, redhead," he said. "We just got out of the plane a few hours ago, and now we're going to our secret hideout."

"Hermes," Artemis said in a warning tone. "You've got to stop telling her information or she'll be able to tell her dumb friends about it."

"Whatever," Hermes scoffed. "There's no way she could possibly tell them. They won't be able to track her too since I took her phone."

I heard a small knock on a window and the rolling of one followed shortly. "Young lady and lord, we are approaching the manor soon. Should I inform the household to prepare a feast for your arrival?"

"That arrangement won't be necessary," Artemis replied. "Just let the head butler know that we have. . . an extra guest coming along."

"Right away."

Manor? Young lady? Master? What the hell are they talking about?

The ride continued in silence until the car slowly came to a halt. I heard the doors open and the shuffling of people going out. Before I could say anything, someone grabbed me by my arm and whisked me out of the car.

As soon as I stepped out, gravel crunched under my feet. Cool fresh air blew past and the smell of fresh leaves and wet soil wafted through my nose.

Are we in the countryside or something?

"Come on, let's get moving." Hermes pushed me from behind, making me stumble. I reluctantly walked forward, grumbling gibberish under my breath.

With my eyes blinded, it made walking a lot harder. Not only could I not see my steps in front of me, but I also lost my sense of distance since I didn't know whether we were about to reach our destination or not.