Chapter 18 ◈ White Lies

The next day, I resumed attending my classes as usual

The next day, I resumed attending my classes as usual. I had to catch up on two weeks worth of classes, projects, tests, and whatever stuff that I missed, which means that I'll be busy for the next few days.

And I even have a training session with the Olympian siblings to go to after class. What a nightmare.

What was I thinking when I signed up for the thing? I totally forgot that I had a lot of other things to do.

Moving on, I have World Mythologies as my first subject for the morning, so that means I'll have to explain myself to the teacher and the class about my whereabouts for the last two weeks, if nobody did that in behalf of me yet.

That also means that I'll get to see Pierre, and I'll have to explain myself.

What will I even say to him? That I accidentally got myself into a fight against rouge Chosens for a Greek goddess' silver bow and got myself into a week-long coma in the process?

Nope, definitely not an option. I have no choice but to make up some fake story, just like what I'll probably tell to all of my teachers. But, honestly, I really want to tell him everything since he's my closest friend in school so far and friends are supposed to not hide anything from each other.

I sighed. I guess I'll see for myself.

I went out of the girls' dorm and headed to the school building where the classes were held. I passed by other students who were also going to their classes or to other places like the campus library. As I walked down the stony pathway to my class, my mind began thinking of a reasonable excuse for my long absence, but I seriously got none.

Soon enough, I was near the doorstep of my classroom when suddenly, a hand clamped on my left shoulder. I turned around and saw Pierre's face smiling in front of me. The sight of his bright smile was so contagious that I felt my lips curving up too.

"Amelia!" he said, his tone oozing with glee. "You're finally back!"

"Yeah, I am!" I chuckled at his enthusiasm. "So. . . you've got World Myths for a class?"

He nodded. "I enrolled for it a few days ago. I heard it's interesting, so I wanted to try it out. I didn't know you also had this for a subject."

"Oh, that's nice," I said. "How are you doing?"

"Well, I should be the one asking that," he said as he pulled me inside the classroom. "When I asked where you were, one of the Olympian brothers—Poseidon, I think—told me that your family had some kind of serious problem, but I felt that he was lying and I wanted to know the reason from you personally."

I glanced around me nervously. "Well, um. . . He's not totally wrong about that. . ."

We both sat down on our seats in the middle of the room, with us sitting just next to each other. Our teacher didn't arrive yet so most of the students who were already there were talking to each other or doing other stuff.