𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐭

"Kenna, come on, we've got...a lot of work to do," Din says, waving to her. She sighs but smiles widely at the child who quite recently called her 'mama' through the force. She hopes he understands what she says, but she wished her father taught her.

But wishes don't come true.

~~~

Kenna quickly jogs down to where Din is, holding the child close to her chest as he plays with her long hair that has grown rapidly since she hasn't been able to cut it due to being constantly on the run. The Frog lady looks around expectantly, most likely looking out for her husband when a fish-like alien walks up to them.

"So, how can I help you?" He asks in a high pitched voice. Din looks back at his ship before at the dock worker.

"Can you...um...fix it?" He also examines the ship and laughs mockingly.

"Fix it? Nah," He looks at it again. "But I can make it fly," Din sighs before grabbing some credits before passing it to him.

"Do what you can," He huffs before motioning for Kenna to follow him with the cock of his head.

"I'll fuel it up," Kenna hears him say. "If it still holds fuel," She chuckles slightly before the child begins cooing at her. She looks down and sees him making grabby hands at her necklace she got from Jakku.

"Din?" She asks, catching up to him.

"Yes, darling?"

"No cyare?" He chuckles at her and shakes his head.

"What is it, cyare?" He says, looking down at her in admiration.

"Remember when we went to Jakku...what did you do there? You say it was for this necklace but back then...it sounded more urgent," She quizzes and he goes wide-eyed beneath his beskar, happy she can't see his guilty face.

"I...um...had unfinished business with someone,"

"You're lying," She states bluntly. "I can still read minds...kind of," She mumbles, looking down at the child.

"I had to pay someone off...so they wouldn't go after you or the child," He was telling the truth, but he was leaving something else. Before she could say anything, the Frog lady squeals and runs to another Frog-like creature. Kenna smiles warmly and walks over to the duo and Din sighs in relief before following. They hug each other and communicate while examining their eggs in joy. The child looks at the eggs and whines and Din chuckles slightly. "I know you're hungry,"

"Why would he want to eat the eggs?" Kenna asks and Din shakes his head, smiling.

"Let's say, he has a taste for them,"

"No," Kenna gasps and Din nods in confirmation. "How many?"

"I don't know," She narrows her eyes at the child but he simply coos at her making her anger melt away.

"Well, little one," She starts. "We'll get you something to eat," She says softly. Suddenly, the male, blue-skinned Frog man stands and shakes Din's hands.

"You're welcome," He then hugs Kenna who is a bit shocked at first before she wraps her left arm around him and smiling.

"Yeah...it was our pleasure,"

"Your arms have seemed to heal...and your leg,"

"I don't know how," She looks to her side and sees Anakin sitting on a few crates with a knowing smile. "But I think dear old dad has something to do with it," She smiles back before turning to face Din who is looking down at her.