𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐎𝐧𝐞

"I love your voice," He trails his gloved finger down her cheekbone and then lifts her head up from her chin. "I love you,"

"Din-"

"I love everything about you," He trails his finger lower and lower.

"Grogu is sleeping,"

"He's slept through everything we've done," He whispers and Kenna chuckles.

"I know-" They stop when hearing Ahsoka come back and Din curses slightly.

"I agree,"

THIS IS POSSIBLY THE SADDEST AND LAST CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK! READERS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

~~~

It was nearing the end of the day when they all decided to go through battle plans tomorrow and just try and get some rest. Kenna was tucking Grogu in a makeshift bed as he began to babble at her. She shook her head with a smile as she laid him down carefully and pulled up his blanket. He reached out for her necklace while making cooing sounds. She sighed and gave it to him and instantly he went to chew at the ends of it.

"Grogu," She says and he beams at her making her smile. She runs her finger along his ear affectionately and he makes happy sounds, well, she hopes they are happy sounds. He tilts his head before he places down the necklace and sits up in the bed. "No, bedtime," She says but he points to her stomach and chatters. She smiles warmly and places her hand where he points. He squeals when she places her hand on it and he quickly scrambles out of his bed and waddles to her. "Grogu...come on, Din will kill me-" But she stops when he touches her stomach and coos. He looks up at her with a smile and the corner of his eyes wrinkle and his ears go up at his happiness.

"Kenna, what is he doing?"

"I don't know...I think he can sense the baby," Kenna responds to Din, turning her head to see her beloved Mandalorian approach her with two bowls.

"He should be in bed," He states as he sits down opposite her. Grogu looks between his parents and coos happily before walking to Din and settling in his lap. He passes Kenna a bowl and she blows on the steaming liquid inside of it. He takes off his helmet and places it beside Grogu.

"Din-"

"It's okay...he's our clan," Grogu tilts his head when he hears the unmodulated voice. Din smirks at the child as he reaches up to touch his face. He chuckles and puts down his bowl before picking up the child. Grogu places his hand on Din's face and giggles when he runs his hand over his facial hair. "C'mere Kenna," She smiles and moves to sit next to Din and she rests her head on his shoulder. Grogu beams at his unmasked parents and puts his hands together.

"Why'd you take it off in front of him?" She asks quietly, drinking from her bowl.

"I was thinking...when our child comes into this world, I can't stay behind this helmet so I wanted to show my first child my face...I thought Grogu should see it as he's been in this clan longer than you," Din smiles and brings his forehead to Grogu's. "And...he'll be leaving soon...so he deserves to see what I look like," Kenna smiles while watching the duo interact with each other.

~~~

Once Grogu fell asleep on Din and they both finished their meals, he put his helmet back on. He stood up and helped Kenna to her feet before he placed the child in the bed. Ahsoka came around the corner and smiled when seeing them.

"I need to talk to Kenna...alone," Din nods and Kenna follows Ahsoka until they're out of hearing range. "Are you going to tell him?" She furrows her brows and looks at Ahsoka.