𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲

"Don't pay me with money, but let me stay, let me run away with you. Take me to see the stars," He thought about her offer. No payment but just letting her join his crew? With her abilities, it was a good deal. She could fix his ship, help protect the child and heal him.

"We have a deal, Cora,"

~~~

Kenna sits in the co-pilot seat, carefully sewing up her wound that the Mandalorian hasn't seen yet. The child is pressing buttons causing the ship to beep and Kenna to chuckle slightly.

"Stop touching things," The Child looks at the Mandalorian innocently and provocatively moves to push another button. The Mandalorian grabs the Child and puts it on his lap and Kenna giggles causing him to look at her.

"Ya know, referring you to 'Mandalorian' seems a bit too formal...is there something smaller I can say," He doesn't respond but looks forward. She closes her eyes and begins to use force to hear his thoughts.

'D...Din Djarin'. She smirks and leans back in her seat. "I like the name Din, rolls off the tongue easily," He snaps his head in her direction, clearly in shock.

"How did you...?"

"I can have some secrets, Din,"

"Don't use that near others," He stated firmly.

"I get it, you're a Mandalorian, codes, identity must be kept secret, this is that way. Blah blah," She mocks but Din smiles under the mask. He looks down at the console, priding the child's small hands away from it.

"Let's see... Sorgan. Looks like there is no starport, no industrial centers, no population density. A real backwater skug hole. Which means it's perfect for us. Ready to lay low and stretch your legs for a couple of months, you little womp rat and rogue? Nobody's gonna find us here,"

"I'm the rogue, right?" Kenna asked and Din rolls his eyes yet she can't see.

"Yes," She smiles at the chemistry between the child and Din. "If no ones gonna find us it's the place to be," He nods and descends the Razor Crest a few miles away from a small village. "Now listen, I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna look around. It shouldn't take too long," He says to Kenna as she finishes up with her wound. He gets up and puts the Child on his seat. "Now...don't touch anything! I'll find us some lodging, then I'll come back for you, both of you," Kenna pouts, tucking a lock of red hair behind her pale face while the child stares at Din. He speaks in a more firm manner. "You stay right here. You stay. Both of you. Don't move. You understand? Great," She looks slightly offended as she stands up. He leaves the cockpit and opens the ramp, just to find the Child and Kenna standing right next to him looking up at him with their googly eyes. Din looks between them and sighs at seeing them both. Kenna and her wide, sad emerald green eyes holding on to the child with his big, brown sad eyes. He sighs. "Oh, what the hell... Come on,"

"Yay," Kenna cheers, bouncing the child on her hip and it laughs in response as they follow Din through the woods. "So, we should be safe here? Right?" She asks, catching up with him.

"Indeed, it's also enough time for you to fix my ship," He looks over at her to see her limping slightly. "You're hurt," He states, stopping to face her.

"No, I'm not," She responds confidently. He continues to stare at her through his visor.

"When did it happen?"

"When did what happened?" He just looked at her and she finally gave up and sighed, readjusting the child on her hip. "I...when we were escaping, I got caught. But I've cleaned it,"

"You hid your injury from me," She narrowed her eyes at him.

"You didn't need to know," She shrugged and began to move but he stepped in front of her, stopping her and she sighed. "What?"

"We're a team now, you have to tell me when you're hurt,"

"You have the child to look after and not me, as you said, I'm a medic,"

"We have the child to look after," He corrected. "We're in this together now,"

"A rouge Mandalorian and a survivor protecting a child, why is it so important?" He doesn't respond and begins to walk further into the forest and closer to the village. "Hey, you said we're a team, I should know why a Mandalorian is on the run,"

"I'll tell you when you tell me when you found out my name," They both stopped staring at each other.

"I...You wouldn't believe me even if I told you," He folds his arms and waits for her to reply. "Ugh, you're unbelievable, anyway...when I was little, my mother told me I was blessed by the gods to have the ability to read minds," He stays silent for a long time Kenna thinks she made him go catatonic.

"That child is an extremely important asset I was supposed to hand in but I...I saved it, I couldn't leave it with those scums back on Navarro,"

"Let me guess, you still took the reward," She motioned to his new shiny armour and he nodded and she smirked.

"You smile?" He questioned.

"I'm beginning to like you more," He then stared at her neck and the child's hand. The child has picked out her Jedi necklace and has begun to fiddle with it. She follows the direction of his gaze and she sickens at the sight. "T...this isn't mine, I found it," He walks over to Kenna and examines the symbol, rubbing his thumb over the silver.

"Do you know what this symbol is?"

"Jedi,"

"Mind-reading..." He mumbles and he looks back in her eyes. The child reaches out for the jewellery from Din's hand and he gives it back. "You're not called Cora, are you?" Kenna bites her lip and lifts the child up for my support so she doesn't drop him.

"I...No," She tries to walk again but once more he blocks her path.

"You know my name and story. Tell me yours,"

"It's Kenna," She replies, looking into his visor and she could've sworn she saw the outline of his eyes.

"Kenna...It's better than Cora," He begins walking again and she sighs in relief and follows behind him; at least he doesn't know her last name...yet.