𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝

"I will, riddur," He smiles and takes off. She turns to see Anakin has returned. "He can't see you, can he?"

"No he can't, only you can hear and see me," She nods and watches as Din walks further away.

~~~

Kenna walks back to the camp after hours of training with her father. She was exhausted. He has got her to the point she could barely walk, and she thought only Din could do that.

"Kenna!" His voice rang out. She looks up and saw his shiny beskar armour jogging towards her. "Thank the maker your here," He exclaims, pulling her into a tight embrace, confusing her slightly.

"What did I miss?"

"You've been gone for ages, I began to get worried, it's nightfall," Kenna looked on in shock.

"I...didn't know I was gone for so long," She confesses as he takes her hand in his and walks her back to the hut.

"It's fine, riddur, you're here now and that's all that matters," She yawns and stretches. "Kenna?"

"Sorry, I'm exhausted,"

"That's fine, I've made the bed up," She looks between the bed and him before sighing.

"I have...something to confess," He tilts his helmet at her and she nervously begins to bite her nails. He gently takes her and places her on the bed before sitting down next to her.

"It's okay, riddur, you can tell me anything, don't be nervous," She takes a deep breath before turning to fully face Din.

"So...you know I'm a Jedi but not a Jedi?"

"Yes,"

"Well, I was trying to use the force in the forest when...when my father came to me. He was a force ghost, of course, but he's now my master and I'm his Padawan. Which makes me a Jedi. I know you only accepted me because I wasn't your enemy and I will understand-"

"You see your father?"

"...Yes?" She asked, confused why he listened to that and not the later part of her confession which she thought to be more important.

"He won't turn you into a Sith Lord, will he?"

"No, he's good," He chuckles slightly.

"Well, cyare, we're going to be the first successful Mandalorian and Jedi relationship," He leans his forehead on hers and she beams.

"Really?"

"I don't care what you are, as long as you are in my arms every night and you're the same Kenna I fell in love with," She smiles at his words before they lay down together and fall asleep up in each other's arms.

~~~

Kenna forced pushed the battle droids away before springing into the air to land next to an unfamiliar alien who wielded two lightsabers.

"We have to get back to the ship!" The alien said to Kenna as they fended off enemies with their lightsabers.

"I know! But I can't find Mando!" Kenna responds.

"If we don't leave, Maul will capture us!"

"I'm not leaving without Mando!" Kenna hisses as they finish off their duels.

"Okay, Kenna, you find Mando, I'll clear a passage for everyone else," Kenna smiles at her. "Jedi to Jedi," She winks and Kenna hugs her.

"You're the best,"

"I know," They pull away. "Now go! Tell him he can get his revenge next time," Kenna nods and they both 'force jump' in opposite directions. Kenna lands and rolls beneath her enemies and slices them in two. She runs, her arm outstretched and droids flying out of her way.

"DIN!" She screams, catching his attention. He finishes with the droid and jogs over to Kenna. "We have to go! Maul will capture us if we stay any longer!" Kenna starts to pull Din but he wouldn't move, he looks over to see Gideon shooting at his friends.

"He almost killed you, now is the time to stop it!" Din said. I said. She looks at me with heartbreak in her eyes, a familiar sight I have seen recently. I place my hand on her shoulder. I always do. "Go back with them, I'll be there soon,"

"Din, no, we have to go now!" She attempts to move me but I couldn't let Gideon slip through my fingers again. But he always does. Every time at a terrible cost. I attempt to say something but a blast goes off and shoots my jet pack, causing me to soar a few feet away from Kenna. I quickly get up and I see Kenna fight off droids. Then I see him. I always do. I always see his menacing face and lightsaber. I try to warn her. I always do. But no sounds leave my throat.

Maul stalks behind my distracted riddur and calmly runs his saber through her chest from behind her. I remember her cold, pale face as she crumples before him. He deactivates his saber and laughs at me. Laughs at my stupid arrogant ass.

~~~

Din shoots up in the bed, gasping for air. He's been having that nightmare for a long time and no matter how hard he tries to change it, the outcome is always the same. Maul stabs his beloved wife through the heart. And it's always because he didn't leave when she told him to. However, in that nightmare, Kenna is stronger, she can fly and use the force extremely well. There's another Jedi in that haunted dream but he doesn't know her name. He only knows Kenna, Moff Gideon and the dreaded Maul who was supposed to be dead. He looks down to see Kenna peacefully sleeping beside his panicked form. He watches her chest rise and fall and a shaky breath leave his throat, he's glad she's still alive.

The dream reoccurs and it's always a different start and middle but the ending never changes.

He lays back down beside Kenna but finds he can't sleep, he never does after that horrid image of her death because of him. So, he slides on his helmet and stares up at the ceiling, trying to rid the image. The vision. The horror.

~~~

"Bye!" Kenna said as the cargo sled pulled out of the village and away.

"Come again soon!"

"We will!" She responds and the child coos happily in her lap, this time he is happy to leave for some odd reason. She turns her attention back to Din, however, his attention is off in the distance. Last nights vision is still haunting his mind. "Din..." She calls out, nudging him and he jumps back to reality.

"Hmm?"

"You're doing that thing again when something is playing on your mind but you won't tell me what's happening,"

"...I just didn't get much sleep last night," She stares at him incredulously.

"You're lucky I love you otherwise I would've read your mind," She giggles, snuggling into his side as they take the long journey back to the Razor Crest. He wraps a strong arm around her protectively and his hand hovers over his blaster, his self-awareness for Kenna seems as if it has multiplied. "Have I ever told you my biggest fear?" Kenna suddenly asks and Din shakes his head.

"No, you haven't,"

"It's drowning, I hate it," She adjusts herself beneath Din's arm to look at his helmet. "Boys in the village I travelled to in my younger years would often shove my head in massive tubs of water and see how long I could hold my breath...eventually it became my fear...deep water and drowning. I don't like how the water burns your lungs and how it makes you hear those screeching sounds in your ears. The shortage of breath. Now, I just freeze if I'm in those situations and I just sink...it will suck if you want to go swimming because I'll drown," She laughs. "But you would never do that...but that doesn't mean you can sink the Razor Crest...then I'll die," She chuckles, shaking her head.

"What about boats? You scared of them?"

"Yeah, actually, I was pushed off them a lot when I used boats to get around. Men thought I was a demon and they wanted me to drown and die so...wasn't very beneficial, normally it would be patrol droids that saved my ass," Din nods but doesn't say nothing.

How can she be so confident talking about her own death when he can't even imagine a world without her in it?