𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐑𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡

He grabs it before it could attack his kid and kills it before concentrating on the path ahead. "We finally know where we're taking you, but it's gonna be a bumpy ride," Din says to the child who is giggling. He looks back slightly to see Kenna peacefully sleep and feels a pang of guilt. "But...to be honest, I don't know if I want you gone anymore,"

~~~

The Razor Crest landed on the sandy terrain of Ryloth. Din sighed heavily and slowly switched off all the controls on the dashboard. Kenna yawned and stretched her arms, startling the child awake who cooed angrily at being disturbed.

"Morning, cyare," Din says with a smirk as she rubs her eyes.

"Morning, riduur,"

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah," She looks around the cockpit and chuckles, standing up. "Feeling better about this?" She flicks at one of the wires that is holding his ship together to show what she means.

"Of course not, that's why we're stopping off here," He says, standing up as well, towering over her.

"Where is here?"

"Ryloth, I can grab a couple of supplies for us then I'm thinking with a bit more fuel we can make it to visit some friends on Nevarro for repairs,"

"Ryloth, home of the twi'leks?"

"Yes," Kenna nods and gets on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm going to get changed, I'll be back in a second," She shrugs off his cloak and passes it back to him and he takes it in his hands while he watches her descend the ladder. The child looks at him expectantly with his arms folded and he sighs.

"Come on then, let's see if we have any food left," He picks up the child and goes down the into the haul and sets him down on a seat while he rummages through the shelves and crates. "Dank farrit!" He slams the last cupboard door shut and it breaks off the hinges. "Mudscuffer!" He kicks at the broken door again and angrily sits down, the child cooing and tilting his head. "There's no food," He growls and the child scoffs and throws one of his own tantrums to match his father.

"Why when I come out I see a grown Mandalorian having a temper tantrum just like the child?" Kenna questions, brushing her hair and handing Din the hair tie back. He looks down at the tie and then at Kenna who is brushing her hair. "If there's no food, we'll buy some more, I'm sure Ryloth will have many supplies,"

 "If there's no food, we'll buy some more, I'm sure Ryloth will have many supplies,"

"You took it out," Din states, motioning to the hair tie in his hand.

"I can't keep it in that same braid forever,"

"Let me do it again,"

"Why do you-" But before she could finish, he's already running his fingers through her hair and separating it. He moves her padawan braid again to the side so he can focus on his work. Moments later, he's done and steps back to admire it.