𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐀𝐓-𝐒𝐓

Something about her made him feel something weird inside of him. It was something foreign but it felt...good? When she says his name something inside of him warms up, but what is it? Why was he feeling this, for her?

~~~

Din watches as Kenna is flocked by many children as she runs around them, the child in her arms giggling so hard his stomach probably hurts. He smiles beneath his helmet as he steps outside, fully replenished. She spots him walking from the hut, watching over her. Kenna places down the child and walks to him.

"Ready?" She askes with a skip in her step. He nods and they head to the forest with Cara in tow.

~~~

Kenna peers on Din's HUD that reveal many recent footprints.

"About 15 or 20 came through here on feet," Din says as he keeps scanning the area. Kenna looks up to see lots of damage within the trees.

"And something big sheared off those branches," She said, pointing up to the trees. Cara and Din both nodded. They move on and crouch next to a gigantic footprint. "AT-ST," Kenna runs her hand through the dent in the earth.

"Imperial Walker. What's it doing here?" Din asks as he looks down at Kenna who seems more worried about the walker than he is.

"I don't know. But this is more than I signed up for," Cara spits before walking back to the village.

"Kenna," Din says in a low voice.

"Hmm?" She stands up and starts to walk back with him beside her.

"You seem quite concerned,"

"Who wouldn't be? An AT-ST, anyone would be concerned,"

"How do you know what it is?"

"Who doesn't," She walks ahead leaving Din confused.

~~~

They all stand in front of the villagers to address the news they found during the patrol.

"Bad news. You can't live here anymore," Din states bluntly.

"What?"

"Why?" Kenna leans over to Din so only he hears her.

"Nice bedside manner..."

"You think you can do better?" He hisses.

"Can't do much worse," She turns to talk to the villagers. "I know this is not the news you wanted to hear but there are no other options," She nods but no one is impressed.

"You took the job!" Stoke shouts from the crowd.

"Yeah!"

"That was before we knew about the AT-ST," Cara says, stepping beside Kenna and nodding her head to her.

"What is that?" Caben asks.

"The armoured walker with two enormous guns that you knew about and didn't tell us," Kenna snaps.

"Help us! // Please!! // You're supposed to help us! // But we hired you! // Please!" The villagers started to cry out.

"We have nowhere to go," Omera says, stepping through the crowd.

"Sure you do. This is a big planet. I mean, I've seen a lot smaller," Cara tries to convince.

"My grandparents seeded these pods,"

"It took generations," Stoke says sadly.

"I understand. I do. But there are only three of us," Cara says and Din looks over at her, not wanting Kenna to be apart of the battle even if it was a choice.