𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐤𝐮

If only he knew what threats Jakku had for him and Kenna, he would've turned around straight away and found someplace safer...if only he knew.

~~~

"This is...Jakku?" Kenna said as she stepped off the ramp, her hands on her hips.

"You sound disappointed," Din said as he began offloading the Razor Crest. She squinted her eyes and scanned the area, thousands of miles of sand surrounded them and one tiny town a few miles away.

"I...expected more,"

"Told you it was safe, barely anyone comes here," She scoffs and points out two white-armoured soldiers walking around the outskirts of the town.

"Right, definitely safe," She folds her arms and Din scans the soldiers.

"Stormtroopers? On Jakku?" He questions, dropping the crate where he stood.

"Let's leave,"

"Kenna, I highly doubt there here for you, no one knows about us coming here," She shakes her head.

"What's so important that we have to be here?" She whined, stamping her foot.

"Stop fussing, I just have...some unfinished business,"

"I'm not fussing," She grumbles, walking back up the ramp. "Well, I'm going to change out of your clothes," She winks at him and he shakes his head, smiling beneath his beskar helmet.

~~~

She walked off the Crest, a frown on her face. She approached Din who was sitting on top of a large crate, clearly waiting for her. The child clung on to him as she dropped her bag.

"I need new clothes, Din,"

"Why?"

"There's a hole here, where I got shot," She pouted and prodded the tear.

"Ugh, fine," He slid off and she picked up her bag. He grabbed his rifle and then placed the child in its cot before leading the way to the town. It was an unusually hot day for Jakku, yes, it's normally warm but not this hot. Kenna fanned herself as she followed Din through the narrow ally-ways until they approached some sort of broker place. Orange curtains made the roof while there were no walls but a few metal pillars. Din joined the line along with Kenna and a young girl with brown hair was standing in front of them, tears staining her cheeks.

"Din, she's like, 14," She whispers in his ear.

"I can see that,"

"Well, where are her parents?"

"She's probably on her own, but she's old enough to take care of herself,"

"But not old enough to comfort herself," She walks to the girl who looks slightly shocked to see Kenna by her. "Hey,"

"Hi?" She responded, wiping her cheeks.

"Working?"

"You can say that," She sniffs, rubbing her arms.

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead,"

"Oh...My name's Kenna,"

"Kenna!" Din hisses.

"Quiet you," She turned back to the girl.

"Rey," She said, moving forward with the line.

"I like that name, Rey," She looks down at the bundle she was dragging with her. "Got a lot of good stuff there,"

"Thanks,"