𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

"Nah, thought if I waited for a while, it's value would increase but...this seems better," He puts the small box in the side of his belt.

"Thank you," Cara nods before her and Greef leave.

"Farewell friends,"

~~~

After exchanging their 'goodbyes', Kenna turns to Din who is already looking down at her.

"What you looking at?" She scoffs, the child already claiming her newer necklace Din got her on Jakku.

"You...I only have eyes for you," He strokes the side of her face with the back of his fingers. She blushes and bites her lip, averting her gaze from the towering Mandalorian. Din slowly and carefully takes Kenna into his arms. "Hold on, riddur," He then elegantly takes to the sky with his jetpack. Kenna lets out a squeal as she holds onto him and the child tightly, the cold air whipping through her hair.

"This may be the time I told you I have a fear of heights!" She states, embarrassed and Din simply laughs until he sees Kuiil. She looks down and also frowns seeing their beloved Uguanaught laying dead only a few feet away from the Razor Crest. Din lands gracefully and puts Kenna down before kneeling by Kuiil. He takes his cold hand into his gloved one, shaking his head. He feels a hand on his shoulder and sees Kenna standing by him. "Take your time, I'll go inside...you need to mourn your losses," She smiles weakly before walking away with a sway in her hips. He watches until she disappeared inside the ship and a shaky breath leaves his mouth, muffled by his modulator.

Kuiil didn't deserve this. Not after what he did. He had only ever helped him from the kindness of his heart. He didn't want money or any sort of payment, he was too kind and loyal and it hurt to see him like this. He was a true friend, Din thought. He doesn't come across many people who warm his cold heart, but Kuiil was one of the very few. He took care of the child and helped Din. He also was kind towards Kenna even though they got off on the wrong foot. Din sighs sadly before moving around to collect smooth stones to create a burial for him. While doing so, he thinks back on the past two days. Kenna almost died twice, the pain he felt when leaving her behind was excruciating and the way they confessed their undying love for each other wasn't exactly the way Din wanted something so meaningful to go. He then thinks about IG-11, the droid who saved both the child and Kenna. If it wasn't for the droid, she would be dead. Or worst, captured and seduced by the dark side. Considering his hatred he showed this droid when he saw him again, he still sacrificed himself for them all. It caused Din pain to think about it. He started to care for him, he did, after all, saved the only person he cared more than the universe and then died. Why it affected him so much, he doesn't know why, but he will remember the IG-11 unit who gave up so much for him. Thinking back, he could've allowed Kenna to die, get captured but he did everything in his power to keep her alive. Din steps away from the burial and places Kuiil's helmet on the pile of neatly stacked stones. Feeling he has done what was right, he turns to go back inside the Razor Crest and he sees Kenna waiting at the top of the ramp. He smiles when seeing her and walks to her.

"That was beautiful, Din, he deserves that," She says softly.

"He deserved more than this fate,"

"Of course he did, but this...this is what he needs now,"

"Of course, riddur,"

"Are you ever going to tell me what that means?" She laughs softly as he closes the ramp.

"One day...maybe," He walks past her and to the cockpit, flying away from Nevarro in high hopes of never returning.

~~~

She lays on her bed, looking up at her ceiling after getting changed into fresh clothes. The white satin flows seamlessly of the bed as she places her hands on her wounded belly.