𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐀 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐟 2 𝐀 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 3

"Kenna Skywalker..." He wants to kiss her, feel her against him, make her feel his happiness and relief, but he can't without breaking the code so instead, he places his forehead to hers, staying in this quiet for just a few seconds.

~~~

"I thought I lost you..." He brushes her hair from her face and she chuckles weakly.

"I'm a survivor..." She drapes her arms around his neck as he easily carries her.

"I got you," He coos to her as Cara passes the child to the IG-11. They move through the sewers, Din making sure Kenna was comfortable.

"Do you know which way to go?"

"No. I don't know these tunnels. I've only entered from the bazaar," Din says.

"Great, we're lost," Kenna sighs dramatically, burying her head into the crook of Din's neck.

"Definitely not dramatic," Cara snorts out. Greef ignores the girls and continues to speak.

"Well, if we get the smell of sulphur and we follow it, it'll lead us up to the plains where the river flows," Din stops and sighs.

"You can put me down now," Kenna says but his hold only tightens.

"Kenna, I'm not letting you go again. Now or ever," He then turns to Greef. "And the Imps will catch us before we make it to the ship. We need the Mandalorians to escort us to safety,"

"This is the way," Kenna laughs from where she sits.

"The bacta spray is taking effect, she is regaining her jolly self," IG comments.

"She's losing her mind," Cara corrects.

"Well, the spray does change someones behavioural state for some time," Cara laughs.

"I wish I could preserve this moment...I'll never let this day die," They continue walking through the sewers, Kenna making odd comments about anything.

"Ugh, this place is a maze," Kenna whines, throwing her head back and placing the back of her hand to her forehead. "And your beskar is cold," She says, shivering.

"Can you stand?" He stops and lowers her down.

"Yeah..."

"The bacta infusion is working," IG says. Din still wraps an arm around her small frame.

"I'll try to find tracks," He looks around slightly and then points. "We're close. Turn here," He and Kenna take the lead and she gasps at the sight. They come upon a pile of Mandalorian armour, mostly helmets. Din leaves Kenna's side and drops to his knees, picking up one of the blood-stained helmets. Kenna places a hand on his shoulder as he rubs his thumb along the metal.

"We should go," Cara says.

"You go. Take the ship. I can't leave it this way,"

"Din..." He ignores Kenna and turns to Greef who is looking on in shock.

"Did you know about this? Is this the work of your bounty hunters?" He spits.

"No. When you left the system and took the prize, the fighting ended and the hunters just melted away. You know how it is. They're mercenaries. They're not zealots," He gets up and rounds on Greef.

"Did you do this?"

"Din, back off,"

"Did you?!" He shouts in his face as Kenna tries to worm herself through them.

"No!" Greef says and Din raises a hand to punch him yet a different voice stops him.

"It was not his fault. We revealed ourselves. We knew what could happen if we left the covert," Kenna looks behind her to see another Mandalorian emerge. It was a woman with a golden helmet with little horns attached to it. She takes a piece of armour from the pile and adds it to her floating cart. "The Imperials arrived shortly thereafter. This is what resulted," She locks eyes with Kenna and stops moving.